Bostocks Cup

Does anyone remember seeing a program called Bostocks Cup, a hilarious spoof of the rise of 1970s football team shown on ITV several years ago. There were many great actors in it but its never been repeated as far as I know and there doesn't seem to be much info about it. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Vaguely, but it is confused in my mind with Eleven Men Against Eleven, which I do remember as being good.

Was this the one with away game on the notorious sloping pitch? That was funny, and having been to a game at Barnet, not all that exaggerated. Otherwise I recall Jeremy Swift as a directionally challenged bus driver, and was Tim Healey in it?

Hi,

Yes you've got it. The sloping pitch, Tim Healy the doubting manager, Neil Pearson the local reporter. It was really funny & I'm really puzzled & disappointed its never been repeated.

The other programme you've mentioned though sounds like something I would enjoy. Is that available on DVD?

Cheers

I think it was written by Nick Hancock who also starred. Neil Pearson did a very good oily Desmond Lynham type character.

I think the team was called Nelson Bostock who were a sort Blythe Spartan typed team amateur team that got lucky in the FA cup rounds.

Wasn't it called Bostock's Diamonds?