When The Dog Dies

Anyone heard this Radio 4 sitcom with Ronnie Corbett and Liza Tarbuck? It was written by the same writers as Sorry!.

I heard three episodes, and then got tired of it. It was amusing in places, but should have been a one-off only, I think. A bit too gentle.

I think I heard one of those a couple of weeks back.
It was rather gentle, but quite entertaining.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this series.

It's great to hear Ronnie Corbett doing something on a regular basis again and Liza Tarbuck provided great support.

Yes, the comedy might be gentle but he still finds himself in the sort of scrapes you would be used to seeing him in in some of his classic TV moments.

Hoping for a second series...

Quote: hydna1968 @ June 12 2010, 8:40 PM BST

Hoping for a second series...

Me too.

Yep - picked up on one last week - it fills a nice space in R4's broadcasting remit. It's well written and actually sounds a lot better if you're wearing your favourite aunt's tea cosy on your head and dusting down a pipe-rack at the same time.

Does anyone know when Series 4 is due to be broadcast?

Delighted this is back. Was a great start to the new series earlier. Shame it's the last but I can't wait to find out how it ends!

I'm also delighted they decided to make one more series. It may not be side-splitting humour but I love all the characters. Even the replacement 'Blake' played by Dave Lamb seems to fit in. I record it to listen later, while I'm doing the washing-up (and I'm a bloke!)

Series 4 is being repeated at the moment. Unsure what day though. Caught one a few days ago.

Are they planning to make any more?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th July 2016, 1:33 PM BST

Series 4 was the last. Can't exactly make any more now anyway :(.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th July 2016, 1:33 PM BST

I'm afraid I've got some sad news for you....

Ah this is it, knew there was a dog in the title. Caught a few episodes in last couple of years and wished I'd followed it more. Just posted on radio comedy thread my like for this sitcom, warmth and heart can best brilliant wit in films and sitcoms, give me this over certain celebrated radio 'sitcoms' any day.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th July 2016, 5:23 PM BST

I'm afraid I've got some sad news for you....

Please sit me down in a large wing chair and tell me ... sensitively.

Quote: malcy @ 9th July 2016, 2:43 PM BST

Series 4 was the last. Can't exactly make any more now anyway :(.

I know, I was merely being capricious.

Unless Rob Brydon steps in.