Funny John Smiths adverts are back

Looks like Peter Kay has started doing new John Smiths ads.

I've only seen one so far, if you haven't seen it on TV it is on their website: http://www.johnsmiths.co.uk/adverts/

That's the first I've seen, but the website says "back on our screens with a new set of classic TV ads" so hopefully they have done loads! :)

Used to love the old ones, would be great if the new are as funny.

Quote: satch @ May 19 2010, 11:48 AM BST

Used to love the old ones, would be great if the new are as funny.

They're not.

I think these 'new' scripts are actually rejections from the original series - dusted off - with the thinking ... "They're a bit shit, but they'll do."

I like that one ! Very clever.

Saw that one the other day. Reminds me of part of Michael McIntyre set I've seen on Dave countless times. Quite funny, but not original.

Haha!

It's a very old joke (was done on "Friends" and by Michael McIntyre amongst others) done quite badly, but at least it's better than "Go Compare" or that f**king meerkat.

I adore Peter Kay, but I do feel that he has "copped out" with the new adverts. Why re-hash the same old advert? They were original and funny the first time round, but not any more. Didn't his last tour do as well as "Mum wants a bungalow tour", which I went to and was the funniest night of my life.

Unfortunately, he can never recapture That Peter Kay Thing and the glorious Phoenix Nights. The last thing he did, "I've got the X-Factor,Superstar, Pop Idol, etc, etc, etc," was terrible.

If he hadn't got too big for his boots and fell out with Dave Spikey & Neil Fitzmaurice, he could have made one more Phoenix Nights. Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere was so-so.

I would love to see him write an original programme again, but I think I've got a long wait.

:( :( England England England England

Can someone tell the John Smiths ad people who came up with the Antiques Roadshow spoof that £200 is too much money for the joke to really work properly