Mock The Week - Series 9 Page 2

I'm new so how does it work?..Is the whole thing scripted tightly? Or is it partially scripted? Or are the Panel told the stories and they script themselves or prompt themselves, or is it just free form?

Does it matter...?

Quote: Aaron @ July 5 2010, 8:29 PM BST

Does it matter...?

well, yes if your interested in how it all works.

Chris Addison is unhealthily skinny.

More experimentation with the format might be a good thing.

Series 9?

Feels more like Series 90!

Was it my imagination or was last night's show a repeat of last weeks?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 9 2010, 10:15 AM BST

Was it my imagination or was last night's show a repeat of last weeks?

Dunno. I don't watch it often, only tuned in last night because Big Brother has been on ridiculously early all this week. The jokes did feel slightly last-weekish, though.

No and yes it was.

Quote: chipolata @ July 9 2010, 10:21 AM BST

Dunno. I don't watch it often, only tuned in last night because Big Brother has been on ridiculously early all this week. The jokes did feel slightly last-weekish, though.

I don't usualy watch it, but I do like to tune in every now and then to see how low they stoop.

And yes, I wouldn't have seen it if BB had been on at it's usual 10pm. Moved for youth 'sex' shows. Rolling eyes

It is Rolling eyes .

Quote: RJ @ July 9 2010, 10:21 AM BST

No and yes it was.

Strange. What happened there, I wonder?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 9 2010, 10:30 AM BST

Strange. What happened there, I wonder?

The show was taking a planned break due to certain guests having stand-up commitments and therefore being unavailable for filming on the required day. Back to normal next week...

So let me get this straight - Jon Stewart, for example, manages 4 new shows a week and Mock The Week has to have a break after 4 episodes? Lame lame lame.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 15 2010, 10:14 AM BST

So let me get this straight - Jon Stewart, for example, manages 4 new shows a week

Not this week. I tuned in Tuesday and there was something about a potato. I gagree in general with your point, though. And it's not as if there's any shortage of jobbing comedians they could get onto Mock The Week.

How is that the same thing? The Daily Show doesn't have half a dozen stand-ups working on it. At this time of year, most of them will be working on Edinburgh shows and such like.