Never Write Off The Germans (Radio 2) Page 2

I've listened. I quite like it and it's all good fun. Henning Wehn should be on every week though -- his bewilderment at that weird round in episode one was just awesome comedy gold.

I've submitted some stuff and they seem to have liked one thing each week, but I've not got anything into the recording yet.

Dan

I've tried to submit stuff, but no luck yet.

Its hard to know whether you were the only one to submit certain stuff or not, but a few things I've sent in have been used.

This show's great. I'm a fan of Herr Wehn in particular - wrote a glowing review of him for the sadly-defunct 4laughs ages ago but it's disappeared along with the site itself.
I've been sending ideas and agree it's difficult to know if anything's been used. When a show's as specific in scope as this it's normal people send similar ideas or the cast already have similar gags on the same topics. We'll see.

Don't they tell anybody that their stuff's been used?

Only just seen this thread after hearing an episode last week.

An unfortunate name now but I'll give it some thought.

Has anyone mentioned Chris Waddle's rant?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 28 2010, 11:06 PM BST

Don't they tell anybody that their stuff's been used?

I think they mention names during the show.

I've just been given an email from Ashley Blaker about the show. As he is not a BCG member he asked me to post the following:

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to anyone who has sent stuff in and say it is really appreciated. Every email is read. We took on five paid spotters who replied to the adverts and who genuinely came from the 'general public'. We also took on one more as an intern. However, when you consider we have all of them plus our own team - including myself obviously working especially hard as you'd expect a producer to do - it has meant that not much that has been sent in was stuff we hadn't already spotted. As you know, we only use two numbers a week and then there's up to ten quotes.

That said, we have been using stuff from listeners every week in other parts of the show be it some incredibly complicated puns, anagrams, tweets or emails about football-watching experiences etc. So people have had their names read out and earned a small cash prize as well.

Hope you've all enjoyed listening despite England's total failure to inspire interest in the World Cup!

Regards

Ashley

I can vouch for the fact that I am one of them spotters, from the general public.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 22 2010, 4:56 PM BST

I've tried to submit stuff, but no luck yet.

Just heard you get a name check, Ian!

Quote: RJ @ July 10 2010, 10:40 PM BST

Just heard you get a name check, Ian!

Get in!

Congrats, Ian. Will you get any money for it?

Quote: The Giggle-o @ July 11 2010, 4:47 PM BST

Congrats, Ian. Will you get any money for it?

I'm not sure.

I've just got an email from Above The Title telling me I am getting paid £20 for my contribution. Pleased

I hope you didn't order that yacht already...

Dan