Gregor Fisher's best role

What do people think Gregor Fisher's best TV or film part was?

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but it was never replied to.

I think he was best in the Hamlet Cigar AD

My father liked Rab C, and said that Gregor's acting, particularly in the episode "The Cell", was great.

He was quite good in 'Oliver Twist' which shows he can play varied roles, but he IS brilliant as Rab C.

Quote: Snork @ September 3 2011, 11:31 AM BST

I think he was best in the Hamlet Cigar AD

One of the best adverts aver made Laughing out loud Laughing out loud He possibly got The Baldy Man off the back of that, but Nesbitt is a fantastic creation.

I saw him a few years ago in the stage version of Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. He played the Grandfather and was very good.

I seem to remember that the character Rab C was a short sketch in a comedy show - before it was taken up as a series. But I can't remember which one.

And the opening credits (or closing) showed him sat in a chair pontificating about the crap on TV, which was actually the sketch he was in.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ September 19 2011, 2:55 PM BST

I seem to remember that the character Rab C was a short sketch in a comedy show - before it was taken up as a series. But I can't remember which one.

And the opening credits (or closing) showed him sat in a chair pontificating about the crap on TV, which was actually the sketch he was in.

Naked Video. I think the Baldy Man came from that as well

Anything he's been in, including the remake of the old Scottish comedy about the Vital Spark. Stories about this old boat appeared from 1905 by the Scottish author Neil Munro.
Fisher played the main character Parra Handy. The TV series he was in was named after this.

He asked my sister on a date when she was working in a bar in Glasgow . . . how different her life may have become now!

Hasn't he been seen round council estates with a string vest?

Quote: fopdoodle @ 7th February 2017, 2:06 PM

He asked my sister on a date when she was working in a bar in Glasgow . . . how different her life may have become now!

Brilliant!Laughing out loud

Rab C was one of the best and I am reminded of one sketch he did when he was pushing a sideboard home for his wife that she wanted and he was raving on to camera about her wanting this and wanting that, which he did his best to supply; BUT he said things had gone too far when she demanded an orgasm - brilliant. Laughing out loud

We have to give credit to the writer as well. It takes two.

Quote: keewik @ 8th February 2017, 12:13 AM

We have to give credit to the writer as well. It takes two.

Naturally.