Audience Viewing Figures Page 2

Charley - you are becoming more and more incomprehensible. Goodness knows what the Maldeviants will make of you.

Welcome her with open arms. They're all backwards out of these shores. ;)

I just started a thread and realised there were several already.

"Does anybody (Aaron) knw exactly were these figures come from? Are all of our TVs linked to some central location where they know what TV is tuned into which programme?

Surely it can't be an exact science and is only estimated on various factors."

This was in relation to the Mrs Brown viewing figures. To be honest I don't know why anybody watches it.

https://www.barb.co.uk/about-us/how-we-do-what-we-do/

Lost the will to live after about the second paragraph - but I'm sure it's all in there somewhere

Quote: Chappers @ 1st January 2021, 12:34 PM

This was in relation to the Mrs Brown viewing figures. To be honest I don't know why anybody watches it.

With you on that one.

What about viewing figures on this site?
A tweet today says they had nearly 8 1/2 million visits - or site hits in 2020.
That's over 1000 per hour, 24 hours a day.
Make no wonder it's slow sometimes.

They are only estimates then. It could be that everyone asked watched Mrs Brown but that nobody else in the whole country did (or vice versa!).

If it was vice versa the figures would be zero as the ones propping the show up would cease and we wouldn't know what the others thinks as no one asked them?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st January 2021, 6:08 PM

What about viewing figures on this site?
A tweet today says they had nearly 8 1/2 million visits - or site hits in 2020.
That's over 1000 per hour, 24 hours a day.
Make no wonder it's slow sometimes.

Apparently (if you believe the web) your average internet visitor will look at three pages and each page creates 15 hits on average. So that would mean 1000/45 = 22 individuals an hour, which sounds reasonable for a website like this. I do feel it's well designed, I love the graphics. I would imagine a forum user visits more than 3 pages ??