Last of Summer Wine to end?

All good thing I suppose... http://www.lastofthesummerwine.net/forum/

Is it me ?

When trying to register, where are the letters, in the picture, to type in?

Is there a none complaints channel for the BBC who completely agree with this decision?

I thought it had been axed a few years ago to be honest.

This is one of the few shows that appeals to the forgotten demographic in British comedy: old people. So although I never watched it, I am aware of a number of elderly folk who did enjoy it. In that respect, it's sad to see it go, as I don't think Two Pints of Lager will do it for them.

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2010, 6:05 PM BST

This is one of the few shows that appeals to the forgotten demographic in British comedy: old people. So although I never watched it, I am aware of a number of elderly folk who did enjoy it. In that respect, it's sad to see it go, as I don't think Two Pints of Lager will do it for them.

I'm a teenager and I quite often sit down and watch an episode. It's not entirely for old people. I assume that there are a few others whom I represent. :)

A supremely overrated sitcom which has survived solely because it is part of the British culture and tradition. Had it not been for that it would've been axed years ago.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 2 2010, 11:58 AM BST

I thought it had been axed a few years ago to be honest.

As did I.

maybe it just needs updating:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/595503/

Quote: cheekycharmer @ May 2 2010, 9:35 PM BST

A supremely overrated sitcom which has survived solely because it is part of the British culture and tradition. Had it not been for that it would've been axed years ago.

Don't talk such utter crap !

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2010, 6:05 PM BST

I liked watching this show because it gave me something other than London. I love the north (it is shot in the north, right?) and being transported to a sleepy town in the north was very prosaic. It wasn't a very funny show, but I liked the character named Clegg (I don't think I am mistaking him for a politician, am I?).

There is a politician called Clegg, but it's also the name of one of the show's main characters, yes. And yes it is indeed filmed in the North. For more North, see something like In Loving Memory.

Quote: Aaron @ May 2 2010, 11:45 PM BST

For more North, see something like In Loving Memory.

And The League of Gentlemen, but it's for locals only.

It's still popular so I don't see why they would feel the need to axe it.

First Brookside, then The Bill, now Last of The Summer Wine.

What next? BBC News? Songs of Praise?(prays)

Roy Clarke is also 82 years old. Maybe the decision wasn't made by the BBC?