The Paul Merton Show

Just found this link to the The Paul Merton Show - Series 1 and 2 on YouTube

That's a show I'd like to see come out on DVD. I don't think it ever will though. Same with The Mary Whitehouse Experience and Newman And Baddiel In Pieces. Oh, And Fist Of Fun and TMWRNJ.

This is on VirginOnDemand at the moment, it's pretty awful. There's good ideas, just not interestingly executed.

Another vastly under-rated sketch show - if this thread is based on the sketches more so, that is.

I loved the ongoing underground train station, confectionary stand with him talking about absolute nonsense, with occasional bizarre characters popping in and out.

Great sketch show - absolute silliness. Lee Mack and Tim Vine must have been inspired somewhat.

I absolutely adore this series, but then I suppose I'm a bit biased as Merton is my favourite comedian. The film programme sketches are gold, the stuntman, and the continuity ones. Sublime silliness

There was a lovely bit where Paul's at the newsstand and serves a guy with a dolphin's head. Nothing more's said and you nearly forget. Later a girl passes and says, 'Have you seen my friend? - 'Descrbe him.' . 'Well about so tall - denim jacket - oh,. and a dolphin's head.' Paul shrugs: 'So many people go past...'