May DVD News

We've just sent out the latest DVD Newsletter, with dozens of new releases listed.

You can read it here.

Where the hell is the mention of Seinfeld Season 8!! You mention stuff like Annually Retentive but leave of Seinfeld! Or do you only mention British programmes?

Anyway, lots of cool stuff coming out, although them 'Best of' DVD's are shite, like Spike Milligan and Pete & Dud ones for example, I'd avoid them, but lots of other stuff I'll be checking out for sure but yeah add Seinfeld to the list. Oh and Not Just The Best Of Larry Sanders add that too.

Only British for now.

I'm not sure that those are just straight "best of" though, are they? Don't they have some kind of documentary stuff?

Martin, we're sticking to just British comedy for now (probably something to do with us being a British comedy website ;)).

Aaron spends goodness knows how many hours tracking down all the British comedy releases - he'd never get any sleep if we included American stuff too!

But you included The Office US. And surely Seinfeld is quite a big sitcom to mention.

But not based on a highly successful UK show, so not quite of interest in the same way.

Hmm, poor excuse :P

Maybe Martin could put together his own news article ;) to stick on the bottom.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ May 4, 2007, 1:01 PM

Hmm, poor excuse :P

Like the poor comedy of Seinfeld. ;) :P

Boo!

I like Leevil's idea Laughing out loud

With Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show been two of the best sitcoms of all time I just thought they'd be worth the mention, especially Larry Sanders which people have been waiting for for a hell of a long time.

I've ordered larry Sanders but it got a customs charge and they can't deliver till I pay it. Doh!

Right i have had a look for this before but can anyone tell me when "not going out" it out on d.v.d? (first person to tell me gets a free lollipop, with postage & packaging of only £40.50)

Lewis - no news on a Not Going Out DVD yet; one is almost certainly coming though. I suspect the DVD will be released to coincide with the broadcast of series two (a popular trick to get a bit of extra publicity). The new series broadcasts this autumn/winter so that's my tip.

Keep an eye on the DVD newsletter because Aaron will no doubt include the listing in there when it has been announced.

p.s. Cheers but I'll skip on the 'cheap' lollipop offer