Curry & Chips, where for art thou?

Has anyone got their Curry & Chips DVD yet? Just had an e-mail from Amazon saying they have supply problems. Dispatch ETA now 3rd May.

I saw it in HMV Peterborough earlier.

Quote: The Rook @ April 20 2010, 12:14 PM BST

Has anyone got their 'Curry and Chips' DVD yet? Just had a email from Amazon saying they have supply problems. Dispatch ETA now 3rd May.

They come from Guernsey...

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2010, 4:57 PM BST

They come from Guernsey...

Damn you, you Guernsians, damn you...

Guernsey? They could flipping throw it over couldn't they?

As soon as you've watched it Rook, can you do a review on this thread for it please? I wanna know if it's worth getting.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 20 2010, 7:07 PM BST

As soon as you've watched it Rook, can you do a review on this thread for it please? I wanna know if it's worth getting.

I'd say so, if only for the curio value. Not superb comedy, but very interesting as a historical piece showing some of the kinds of attitudes of the era. And it stars Eric Sykes, God-damnit!

Deferenz wrote a bigger review of an episode some time ago: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/7679/

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 20 2010, 7:07 PM BST

It's only £8.99 ffs !

:)

Still more than £1 per episode!

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2010, 12:23 AM BST

Still more than £1 per episode!

Cheapskate !

Don't ever remember hearing about this though. Anyone?

See Amazon product listing

It's supposed to be quite good, but it's drama rather than comedy (AFAIK), despite the credits.

And cheap? More cautious and wary.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2010, 12:51 AM BST

It's supposed to be quite good, but it's drama rather than comedy (AFAIK), despite the credits.

And cheap? More cautious and wary.

Until it comes to large papery things !

:)

Well ... yes. :P

But I already have 3 of the 6 episodes of Curry & Chips, and know it'll come down in price at some point!

The 'Curry and Chips' I ordered is on its was. Curry and chips, mmmmm!

Anyone who has got it, please could you put up a brief episode guide. I'm wondering whether to get it or not. Like Aaron, I've seen three of the episodes, the opening one was very good, but the other two were mediocre/poor.

The 'Curry and Chips' takeaway I ordered has arrived.