Frank Skinner's Opinionated - Series 1 Page 2

He does that as the Pub Landlord charchter, seems like he's getting that and his real life muddled up!

Miranda Hart came across as a very nice person, I thought.

Quote: Sorrel @ April 19 2010, 1:56 PM BST

He does that as the Pub Landlord charchter, seems like he's getting that and his real life muddled up!

Like a lot of comedy creations, the Pub Landlord is probably just an exageration of some of the creators own characteristics.

This is 'Baddiel and Skinner unplanned' with two guests substituted for Baddiel. It will never be as good but Frank is always good value though

Quote: jhmagic1 @ April 20 2010, 5:16 PM BST

This is 'Baddiel and Skinner unplanned' with two guests substituted for Baddiel. It will never be as good but Frank is always good value though

Yes, but that's not exactly a high standard to aspire to. The most disturbing aspect of the show was the skyline of Norwich behind Skinner's head. Wasn't expecting that.

Ahem.
Whats wrong with Norwich?

Guess it takes two comics to make up for the lack of brillance from David Baddiel :D

Nothing. It's where I grew up. Just surprised to see the Cathedral, the Roman Catholic Cathedral and City Hall right behind Skinner's head. Gave me a bit of a thrill. Normally you get London or New York or something as the backdrop. Not Norwich. I have it on good authority Adam Buxton and Matt Holness live there now.

Al Murray did indeed endure a divorce in the last year or so as I recall, which seemed a shame as he appeared quite a romantic when he was married, making a charming comment about the beauty of pregnancy.

I got the impression he was drunk during that episode. Drunk and furious.

All Hail to the Ale

Lets Hear it for the Beer.

Also, does anyone want to see this recorded in Norwich on Election night?
Turns out I'll be in London with some other comics (Oooh-er) so can't make use of my tickets

Surprising gentle and low key. It's not exactly setting the world on fire but it passes the time. The guests didn't make much of an impression either.

I like Frank but this show for me just feels a bit bland, unoriginal, and although it has a few funny moments it still doesn't make it worthwhile going out the way to watch it.

But I have to admit I was a big fan of Baddiel & Skinner, that was always gold when they had a guest writing on the board, they knew how to pick them!

As for Al Murray in the first week, not funny, and looked awkward for some reason which was suprising.

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2010, 10:30 PM BST

Surprising gentle and low key. It's not exactly setting the world on fire but it passes the time. The guests didn't make much of an impression either.

I'll ditto what's said above. It's not mean spirited or fast paced, which sets it apart from the other current satire shows, but I think they do need some guests on that deliver a few proper gags as that's just left Skinner at the moment.

Quote: satch @ April 25 2010, 10:38 PM BST

I like Frank but this show for me just feels a bit bland, unoriginal, and although it has a few funny moments it still doesn't make it worthwhile going out the way to watch it.

Cheers for logging on and sharing your thoughts Satch. You're right, it's not exactly appointment TV at the moment is it. Wonder why they didn't get Baddiel involved too?

I didn't think this week's guests were that great, although Solon is always a funny actor. And I can't even remember who the other guest was now...

Like I said, Miranda every week please!

Dave Gorman was the other guest.