You Have Been Watching - Series 2 Page 15

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 6 2010, 6:51 PM BST

Makes more sense now. Can't think what story it might be. Was it G12 ? I can't think when it would have been ?

Oh, was it because of the Cumbrian bloke driving round shooting people? I think it was; though why that meant dropping a show featuring clips of a detective reincarnated as a dog and Angela Landsbury masturbating in a bath I don't know.

Is it my imagination or is Charlie Brooker getting a bit sillier as time goes by (not in a bad way)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 6 2010, 7:13 PM BST

Oh, was it because of the Cumbrian bloke driving round shooting people? I think it was; though why that meant dropping a show featuring clips of a detective reincarnated as a dog and Angela Landsbury masturbating in a bath I don't know.

Yeah it was the Cumbria shootings wot did it. But watching the episode now it's pretty tame so I don't think they needed to pull it.

There wasn't anything about gun crime in there was there?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 6 2010, 7:29 PM BST

Is it my imagination or is Charlie Brooker getting a bit sillier as time goes by (not in a bad way)

He certainly has a more free reign to be lighter and sillier on this show.

We just watched four in succession on 4od. I like Booker, his book is good too (lots of old newspaper columns which sometimes reveal a more vulnerable side). I wish he would drop the whole quiz element and just do a discussion thing not interrupt things with silly points systems.

To be fair, he's been doing that with Screenwipe/Newswipe for a while- it's good to have a change.

I think he's got three books now, doesn't he? We have two in our bathroom.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 6 2010, 8:32 PM BST

He certainly has a more free reign to be lighter and sillier on this show.

I don't remember him being quite as playful when this show started, but maybe he's just comfortable & enjoying it more now.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 6 2010, 9:43 PM BST

I think he's got three books now, doesn't he ? We have two in our bathroom.

...I have two... must look out for the third now..

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 6 2010, 8:23 PM BST

There wasn't anything about gun crime in there was there?

Nope. But that's modern media for you, utterly pathetic "can't offend anyone" wankery.

Quote: sidecar jon @ August 6 2010, 9:42 PM BST

We just watched four in succession on 4od. I like Booker, his book is good too (lots of old newspaper columns which sometimes reveal a more vulnerable side). I wish he would drop the whole quiz element and just do a discussion thing not interrupt things with silly points systems.

I wish he would drop this whole show and just make Screenwipe.

Anyway, a fairly good closing episode. I too loved the Bedknobs & Broomsticks line - great stuff.

Finally got around to seeing this. Don't really get why it was pulled. Channel 4 being unusually sensitive there.

It was okay, but I'd rather see some Screenwipe/Newswipe.

Still don't understand the appeal of Josie Long.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 16 2010, 10:51 AM BST

Still don't understand the appeal of Josie Long.

I like Josie Long.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 16 2010, 10:54 AM BST

I like Josie Long.

Ah, there's her audience. You and Stewart Lee.

I like her. She looked really different on this though.

Quote: zooo @ August 16 2010, 11:02 AM BST

I like her. She looked really different on this though.

She looked like she'd lost weight and had less mental hair.