Filthy, Rich & Catflap DVD Page 2

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 17, 2007, 2:02 PM

I don't doubt it. I would rather masturbate however.

Michael, you are starting to frighten me. :S

Each to their own...

;)

FR+C was proto-bottom. Without the former, we'd never have had bottom. FR+C is unique and was also liberally recycled in Bottom. I have a fondness for FR+C as in my opinion it surpasses The Young Ones (less tangential, less political for the sake of political) and was Ben Elton just as he hit his purple patch (despite FR+C not getting a second series).

Oddly the Bottom live stuff, I was never fond of. Give me Ritchie's bleeding finger on the Xmas day episode any day.

Happy memories.

Quote: wii-man76 @ June 18, 2007, 7:29 PM

Each to their own...

;)

I'd hope so, or that's not reaaally masturbation.

Quote: SlagA @ June 18, 2007, 7:45 PM

FR+C was proto-bottom. Without the former, we'd never have had bottom. FR+C is unique and was also liberally recycled in Bottom. I have a fondness for FR+C as in my opinion it surpasses The Young Ones (less tangential, less political for the sake of political) and was Ben Elton just as he hit his purple patch (despite FR+C not getting a second series).

Oddly the Bottom live stuff, I was never fond of. Give me Ritchie's bleeding finger on the Xmas day episode any day.

Happy memories.

I couldn't really get into it. It seemed to contrived, even for the genre it represented.

Beware of masturbation. It's a habit that sticks. Read my scripts yet?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 19, 2007, 10:37 AM

Beware of masturbation. It's a habit that sticks. Read my scripts yet Ed?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 19, 2007, 10:38 AM

Beware of masturbation. It's a habit that sticks. Read my scripts yet?

I can't understand this computer. Keeps repeating things.

Returning to FR+C, to be honest I think I've squeezed every last drop of fun out of it and shall put it away now. Oo-er...

Quote: Aaron @ June 18, 2007, 8:20 PM

I'd hope so, or that's not reaaally masturbation.

lol

So True!

;)

I noticed in the episode with the nolan sisters, fry & Laurie, chris barrie, etc. when they're sitting on the toilet after flushing down the cash...

Richie:"Are you thinking what I thinking?"
Eddie: "A-
:::::::: OBVIOUS CUT ::::::::
Richie: "I was thinking..."

Why not do both?

...one to the other.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ July 2, 2007, 5:19 AM

I noticed in the episode with the nolan sisters, fry & Laurie, chris barrie, etc. when they're sitting on the toilet after flushing down the cash...

The clunky edit is also in the original broadcast - so it's not for DVD 'contractual reasons'. There's a longer form of the joke elsewhere, which might explain the edit.

I read (not sure if it was on here or elsewhere) that the only edit on the DVD ("for contractual reasons") was a cut of the boys performing Consider Yourself.

Quote: Aaron @ July 2, 2007, 11:47 AM

I read (not sure if it was on here or elsewhere) that the only edit on the DVD ("for contractual reasons") was a cut of the boys performing Consider Yourself.

The most obvious cut is the 'Oliver' scene. There may be others. You lose a (rather wonderful) couple of minutes - Richie singing 'Consider Yourself', Eddie briefly singing 'Gotta pick..' and some incidental banter, pick-pocketing business and looks to camera.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ July 2, 2007, 5:19 AM

Why not do both?

...one to the other.

Simultaneously? That's just revolting.

Quote: JohnnyD @ July 2, 2007, 10:49 AM

The clunky edit is also in the original broadcast - so it's not for DVD 'contractual reasons'. There's a longer form of the joke elsewhere, which might explain the edit.

I am 100% positive that I have seen the uncut version of that scene somewhere. But I can't remember where.

Quote: Aaron @ July 2, 2007, 11:47 AM

I remember hearing that somewhere... (maybe it's written on the back of the DVD).

I can't help but wonder that if i didn't spend the last 10 years emmulating Adrian Edmonsons on screen alcoholism, I may rember things like this a little easier...

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ July 4, 2007, 4:26 PM

Simultaneously? That's just revolting.

Oh, Where's your spunk?

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ July 17, 2007, 12:37 AM

I remember hearing that somewhere... (maybe it's written on the back of the DVD).

No, the DVD packaging just says (paraphrasing, possibly) "For contractual reasons, certain edits have been made."

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ July 17, 2007, 12:37 AM

I am 100% positive that I have seen the uncut version of that scene somewhere. But I can't remember where.

I can't help but wonder that if i didn't spend the last 10 years emmulating Adrian Edmonsons on screen alcoholism, I may rember things like this a little easier...

Oh, Where's your spunk?

I tried and yes it was revolting. My mother agreed.