Filthy, Rich & Catflap DVD

I ordered this dvd the othe rday and it was waiting on the doormat when I got home today. I've noticed however that on the back sleeve it says 'For contractual reasons certain edits have been made'.
Anyone any idea what these edits are and what exactly are the contractual reasons behind them?

Moved to DVDs forum.

In answer to your question, best to ask on alt.comedy.british or similar (http://groups.google.com/). I spotted it myself, and that's why I've not bought the DVD myself.

You lose Richie Rich singing 'Consider Yourself at Home' from 'Oliver' in the last episode. The edit is pretty clunky. Presumably, they avoided paying for (or weren't allowed) the appropriate permissions for using the song.

Oh boo hiss boo! That sounds brilliant. It's been shown on UKTV G2 recently too - I wonder if it was cut from those?

Quote: JohnnyD @ May 3, 2007, 9:21 AM

You lose Richie Rich singing 'Consider Yourself at Home' from 'Oliver' in the last episode. The edit is pretty clunky. Presumably, they avoided paying for (or weren't allowed) the appropriate permissions for using the song.

Thanks for the answer JohnnyD :)

I don't believe it, someone else is interested in FR+C! I wrote a detailed critique on this very site.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ May 18, 2007, 8:21 PM

I don't believe it, someone else is interested in FR+C! I wrote a detailed critique on this very site.

lol - I too thought I was the only one to have heard of this!

I'm not old enough to have seen it the first time round but as a fan of Bottom and Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson I got it to see what it was like - not the funniest program I have ever seen but not bad!

;)

I bought the DVD a couple of weeks back. Bloody odd stuff.

Quote: Aaron @ June 9, 2007, 9:42 PM

I bought the DVD a couple of weeks back. Bloody odd stuff.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I think they only did one series and I can see why!

Quote: wii-man76 @ June 9, 2007, 10:03 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. I think they only did one series and I can see why!

If you have time you might like to check out the review I wrote for this site. The basic thrust of my argument is sinple: it's fatally flawed but worth a watch.

I was 16 when this series first went out, and thought it bloody hilarious at that age. But having re-watched it since it doesn't seem quite so funny now. Nice bit of nostalgia though.

Anyone fancy a game of Triv?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 10, 2007, 5:07 PM

If you have time you might like to check out the review I wrote for this site. The basic thrust of my argument is sinple: it's fatally flawed but worth a watch.

I've just read your review and couldn't agree more! Its definately worth buying but don't get too excited else you will be bitterly dissapointed... :(

Now Bottom! That was and is a great British classic!

Have you seen the Bottom Live! DVDs - they're great! The earlier ones are the better ones though. ;)

:)

Cheers it's nice to be appreciated.
Not a big fan of Bottom - too throwaway for my taste. I know that was the point, I just lost interest after the first series. Far far better for me was Happy Families but nobody seems to want to put it out on DVD (or even VHS).

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 12, 2007, 1:34 PM

Cheers it's nice to be appreciated.
Not a big fan of Bottom - too throwaway for my taste. I know that was the point, I just lost interest after the first series. Far far better for me was Happy Families but nobody seems to want to put it out on DVD (or even VHS).

Have you seen any of the Bottom Live shows? They are much, much better than the episodes in the TV series.

Quote: wii-man76 @ June 16, 2007, 10:18 PM

Have you seen any of the Bottom Live shows? They are much, much better than the episodes in the TV series.

I don't doubt it. I would rather masturbate however.