The 100 Greatest Stand-Ups 2010 Page 5

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 12 2010, 6:39 AM BST

What joke was that then?

The one that, supposedly, got the curtain brought down on him.

It concerns the time when Maxie was walking along a one foot wide ledge on the side of a mountain when a gorgeous blond came the other way.

'I didn't know whether to block her passage or toss myself off !'

These top 100 things are a load of rubbish, aren't they? I mean, someone like Phil Jupitus above the likes of Alexei Sayle or Frankie Howerd or anyone is just daft.

Can't say I've ever been a fan of Billy Connolly either.

Quote: Bert Bastard @ April 12 2010, 6:42 PM BST

These top 100 things are a load of rubbish, aren't they? I mean, someone like Phil Jupitus above the likes of Alexei Sayle or Frankie Howerd or anyone is just daft.

Not so much daft as criminally insane.
Or Russell Howard above anyone.

Quote: Lindyloop @ April 12 2010, 3:09 PM BST

I suppose the most interesting thing about the poll is the changes in public opinion and the random bits of trivia it throws up: (Well, I say interesting...)

"Amongst the comedians that appeared in the 2007 list that dropped out of the top 100 in 2010 were Jim Bowen (97th), George Burns (89th), Mitch Hedberg (78th), John Thomson (71st), Mike Reid (67th), Rhona Cameron (65th), and Andrew "Dice" Clay (38th).

Amongst the new comedians that appeared in the 2010 list but not in the 2007 list were Shappi Khorsandi (99th), Tim Minchin (81st), Jason Manford (65th), Rhod Gilbert (42nd), Russell Howard (35th), Frankie Boyle (29th) and Michael McIntyre (9th).

The biggest mover in the poll (apart from those who were not on the poll previously) was Lee Mack. Originally in 95th place in the 2007, he finished in 21st in 2010. That is a rise of 74 places."

Nice to see someone is reading the trivia page - seeing as how I wrote it. I'm a little bit worried by the way you use the word "interesting" mind.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 12 2010, 8:15 PM BST

Nice to see someone is reading the trivia page - seeing as how I wrote it. I'm a little bit worried by the way you use the word "interesting" mind.

I'm more worried that he's reading the trivia page. Unimpressed

Rich Hall should have been in there

I did a massive blog post during this programme about each comedian, although certain people in the list just had one word next to their name http://soveryconfusing.wordpress.com/ it's on there somewhere

Quote: Ranceman @ April 12 2010, 11:02 PM BST

I did a massive blog post during this programme about each comedian, although certain people in the list just had one word next to their name http://soveryconfusing.wordpress.com/ it's on there somewhere

You lost my interest at 82 when you said that you'd never heard of Bob Newhart

Despite that, I read on . .

47-Bob Hope, from what I've heard he's a bit of a twat, and he seemed to make most of his money out of wars.

:O Angry

80- Ronnie Corbett, the shit one from the two Ronnies. All I can say is why do the good die first.

76- Chic Murray, I honestly have no idea who this man is....so*whistles and swings leg....yeah.

73- Jim Davidson, C*NT.

62- Roy Chubby Brown, C*NT. Oh look there's another one, and I'm sure there's one more.

51-Bernard Manning, C*NT!

- more reasoned debate, that's what we like !

9-Michael McIntyre, I know this shouldn't be the type of comedy I like but he has made me cry on many different occasions. - me too but I suspect for different reasons !

6-Peter Kay you aren't funny. We all remember things now f**k off. DO YOU REMEMBER AY AY CUSHIONS AY AY DO YOU REMEMBER AY AY DO YOU AY AY WHAT WERE THEY ABOUT AY AY YOU LEAN ON THEM AY AY! Imagine a biscuit falling in your tea, cor who would of thought. - Oh, good. More reasoned debate for us to get our teeth into.

Angry

And for your further edification . .

http://trashcars.net/videos/223/bob-newhart-driving-instructor.html

Quote: Ranceman @ April 12 2010, 11:02 PM BST

How can you hate Peter Kay for just making observations but then like Michael McIntyre?

Because Peter Kay is a tit.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 12 2010, 8:08 PM BST

Or Russell Howard above anyone.

Yes, I was going to mention him as well but then I could have mentioned about 75 others.

Quote: Aaron @ April 13 2010, 12:26 AM BST

Laughing out loud Good point.

Quote: Aaron @ April 13 2010, 12:26 AM BST

He made Phoenix Nights, he could punch a baby now and I'd still like him. Perhaps like him even more.

I've never quite understood the hatred Kay attracts. He's done some good stuff.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 12 2010, 8:08 PM BST

Criminal? Are you quite sure?