eBay

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

I know it varies from seller to seller, but if anyone here buys a fair few used DVDs on eBay, was just wondering whether they're generally happy with the quality of the disk?

There's a lot of good bargains on there, but I don't want to wait days for them to arrive and then to not work.

Any feedback?

Cheers

I find that every buyer is different. The only thing you can do is look at the seller's feedback, and trust in that. They won't want a negative if they've built it up well, so that is your guarantee. I recently had one DVD which had obviously come loose from the box in the post, and was all scratched up as a result. I had no doubt that this wasn't the seller's fault, but they refunded me immediately without a quibble.

Anyone with lesser feedback, well, you just have to bid less money and take a chance.

Thanks, I'm always weary buying used stuff on ebay, despite the fact that really that's what it's there for

I don't think I've ever bought a used DVD on eBay. From Amazon Marketplace and CEX, yes, but never eBay. Don't recall having any major problems, although very rarely does a DVD come totally unscratched. It really makes me wonder what people do with their discs.

Yeah that's the same with me.

My idea of Mint Condition is clearly very very different to what others' are.
I often regret taking the cellophane off.

I've recently bought a couple of DVDs but mainly buy CDs.

I've just won the Beatles boxed set for £66 - a bargain considering it's £180 odd in the shops. Still waiting to see how good it is though.

Quote: Chappers @ April 7 2010, 8:29 PM BST

I've just won the Beatles boxed set - Still waiting to see how good it is though.

Their early stuff's okay but the later albums are to heavily influenced by bands like Oasis.

As well as feedback you can always ask the seller a question.

The box set of British Transport Films was on there over the weekend. A unwanted gift ! I should be so lucky !

I asked if they were sealed, he said no but unused. Begs the question if he didn't want them, why did he open them?

Anyway, I didn't bid and they went for £70. I can buy them brand new for £75 so shop around before you buy.

Not all DVDs come sealed. And if they were a gift, then the gift-er may have opened to check for scratches before giving them to him.

Oh you're sooo reasonable !

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 7 2010, 8:51 PM BST

Anyway, I didn't bid and they went for £70. I can buy them brand new for £75 so shop around before you buy.

Yes, shill bidding does happen of course, although as a seller, I've often been baffled how some people will pay more for what I'm selling than they could buy 'new'.