Comedy locations Page 3

Aww.

I live in Ealing. I'm sure there are loads of shows recorded around there (Ealing Studios and all) but 2 I've noticed recently are the vox-pops from A Bit of Fry and Laurie are filmed in the shopping precinct and Men Behaving Badly - any outdoor scenes seem to be in and around Ealing Broadway.

Quote: Singingpotato1979 @ June 3 2010, 3:49 PM BST

I live in Ealing. I'm sure there are loads of shows recorded around there (Ealing Studios and all) but 2 I've noticed recently are the vox-pops from A Bit of Fry and Laurie are filmed in the shopping precinct and Men Behaving Badly - any outdoor scenes seem to be in and around Ealing Broadway.

Yes! I noticed those too when I lived there.
I think a lot of outside Monty Python stuff was filmed around there too.

Hetty Wainthropp was filmed in Darwen were I live. Not a comedy but the premise was amusing - she solved cases that were too small for the police to deal with.

I regularly pass by a restaurant in south London that featured in the second series of Outnumbered (though it's changed names since).

Was outside a building yesterday I probably wouldn't have recognised if I hadn't known it was used in Carry On Girls and wasn't driving. It still has 'Town Hall' above the doorway but is now a school, the building hasn't changed but the view of it has since its 1930s creation. You just whizz by and the intended neo Georgian grandness of it is completely missed. One of the many semi grand old buildings completely killed by building a dual carriageway in front of it ( The A4 in Slough) ((Yes I know like most A roads it already existed as a main thoroughfare but with coach and horses it wasn't the same slaughter that motorways caused)).

The A4 and 40 could be favourites for the most brutal killers of grandly lined rows of buildings in Britain if not the world, although in London you move so slowly on it you can at least still marvel at the grandeur from Holborn to Marylebone if your blood pressure's not through the car roof.

You came for the covid jab and stayed for the scenery, right?

(The building has changed a fair bit, a large chunk was demolished when it was converted to a school, but the central portion of the front is certainly recognisable if you know it's there, yes. The road is Roman, mind, so it's only the volume of traffic that's changed in that respect.)

I am a member of a Facebook group for the comedy WATCHING.

Some of the members on there are very diligent and dedicated and have discovered just about every filming location used in the 7 series. Plenty of locations in Liverpool as well as Manchester near the old Granada studios where it was filmed

Quote: John Killalea @ 3rd June 2010, 9:04 PM

Hetty Wainthropp was filmed in Darwen were I live. Not a comedy but the premise was amusing - she solved cases that were too small for the police to deal with.

What, like rape, knife crime & 'Beergate'?