Comedy locations Page 2

Did you get in?

Quote: David Carmon @ May 31 2010, 12:50 AM BST

Did you get in?

Who knows.

The scene included what looked like a painter / decorator and while I watched many with my kids I never saw an ep for that.

I always wanted to drive Brum. I've been to the motor museum and seen him!

If they ever remake Knightrider for the UK, we have our cast. :D

My house was used for a film about 10 years ago. Not strictly a comedy film but the £1750 they paid me made me smile for a while. :D

Oooh, nice.
What film?

Quote: zooo @ May 31 2010, 9:32 PM BST

Oooh, nice.
What film?

If I tell you that, you will Google it and find out where I live. You will then send the forces of evil to kill me. I saw it in a film one time!

It was a low budget film about a sportsman. It was pants. Our house was in shot for about a minute in total. No wonder films cost so much money. We were paid £250 per day for setting up/putting right and £500 for the day they actually shot. The producer was a nice guy who made sure that no one smoked in the house and that it was all put back properly.

Quote: will Cam @ May 31 2010, 10:25 PM BST

If I tell you that, you will Google it and find out where I live. You will then send the forces of evil to kill me. I saw it in a film one time!

It's true, that was my exact plan. :D

Did you put your house on a list or something, or did they just approach you?

Quote: zooo @ May 31 2010, 10:37 PM BST

It's true, that was my exact plan. :D

Did you put your house on a list or something, or did they just approach you?

I was at work when my wife rang to tell me that a strange man (and he was) has called to ask if we would be interested as our house, at that time, didn't have double glazing. He was employed by the film company as a local location finder. She told him we wouldn't be interested, then thought better and rang me. It was as easy as that :D There are places you can register your property I believe.

We moved into a local hotel that had apartments for the 5 days which cost us about £400 including all our meals. It was like a little holiday for the kids. We snuck back into the house the night before shooting and took a load of photographs of me siting in the retro sofas they had brought in etc. Imagine how we laughed some time later when we discovered that the camera didn't have any film in it!

They put old wallpaper over our living room walls (very thin paste) which at the end they peeled off, washed the walls and repainted. Our bedroom was also done over but they had to re wallpaper it (saved me a job).

They even used our hearth set in the shoot but pinched the hearth brush when they went.

That sounds entirely mental.
But quite fun.

Quote: will Cam @ May 31 2010, 10:25 PM BST

It was a low budget film about a sportsman.

It wasn't 1999's Don't Go Breaking My Heart, about a sports psychologist played by ER's Anthony Edwards? No? Ah well.

Quote: chipolata @ June 2 2010, 1:22 PM BST

It wasn't 1999's Don't Go Breaking My Heart, about a sports psychologist played by ER's Anthony Edwards? No? Ah well.

;) close, but no cigar.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2010, 3:37 AM BST

And now I live near Thamesmead, where Misfits is filmed.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Quote: zooo @ May 28 2010, 12:28 PM BST

I've been there too. Nice beach!
And apparently a popular suicide spot. Doubt it's because of Reggie though, more to do with the huge Cliff.

I never knew Mr Richard was that well endowed.

Quote: will Cam @ May 31 2010, 9:17 PM BST

My house was used for a film about 10 years ago. Not strictly a comedy film but the £1750 they paid me made me smile for a while. :D

Was it Jimmy Grimble?

The Mr Bean in a department store was filmed in the old Allders building in Sutton.

Phone shop (or whatever Gervais' sitcom was called was filmed in Sutton - or rather the outside shots were.

The Bill (I know it's not REALLY a sitcom) is often filmed around here.

And the Mel and Kim's Rockin' around the Christmas tree video was filmed 3 doors down from where I used to live.

Quote: Chappers @ June 3 2010, 1:46 AM BST

Phone shop (or whatever Gervais' sitcom was called was filmed in Sutton - or rather the outside shots were.

Script editing a pilot doesn't make it his!

And the Mel and Kim's Rockin' around the Christmas tree video was filmed 3 doors down from where I used to live.

Coooool.

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2010, 1:59 AM BST

Coooool.

It was an old couple who had no kids and when they died in the 80s it still looked like something from the 50s inside.