George & Mildred Page 4

Ah, one of my all time favourites, but no mention of Roy Kinnear who played George's layabout pal (Jerry?). He always made me laugh. Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy appeared in Cinderella at the London Palladium over Christmas 1976/77 with Richard O'Sullivan - I think they were the ugly sisters. That's one panto I would love to have seen.

Oh my, that must indeed have been a wonderful show! I won't even begin to hope that there might have been a recording made.

Oh yes great series. I remember that George's friend Jerry was frightened of Mildred and always called her 'Mildew'

There was a George & Mildred stage show which toured in 1977 with Yootha, Brian and "cough" Reginald Marsh. Knowing Yootha it would surely have been a little bit ruder then the TV series. Rolling eyes

Love George & Mildred, such a classic :)

This is one of the few sitcoms I could watch over and over again. Great chemistry between Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy. My favourite series would be Series 1.

My current relationship mirrors that of George & Mildred's. And I am not kidding.

Oh God. Laughing out loud and poor you!

How about starting a thread titled ' George & Mildred v Terry & June?'

Would be interesting to hear what couple fellow members preferred and as to why.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ November 16 2011, 8:10 PM GMT

Would be interesting to hear what couple fellow members preferred and as to why.

Or The Beatles v The Rolling Stones ?

They both played music and were chart successful.

Pointless. Not comparing like with like.

I actually like both shows for the simple reason they make me laugh :)

Weren't George and Mildred slightly lower classed than Terry and June? Seem to have got that impression somewhere.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ November 16 2011, 3:51 PM GMT

My current relationship mirrors that of George & Mildred's. And I am not kidding.

In some ways, George and Mildred Roper's relationship was the prototype for Al and Peg Bundy's relationship in Married With Children.

Quote: rob d @ October 22 2012, 7:51 PM BST

I watched George and Mildred the movie the other day- still maked me chuckle...

Aaron !

Do you know, I was so astonished by the thought of someone enjoying that movie, that I totally missed that mistake!