George & Mildred Page 3

You have done yourself a great disservice, Jack. George & Mildred is by far the best of the three! It's a pity that you caught the lesser 2 and that they put you off.

Well hopefully ITV 3 will get me into it.

Quote: Aaron @ April 26 2010, 8:41 PM BST

You have done yourself a great disservice, Jack. George & Mildred is by far the best of the three! It's a pity that you caught the lesser 2 and that they put you off.

Hear, hear !

(in reply and cleverly linking to another thread! :) )

Id rate it second to MATH. Richard Chrissy and Sally (+Doug) had some great scenes, and the Ropers blended with it. Putting Yootha and Brian alone needed the Fourmiles next door to be added, which lost a few humour opportunities in my opinion. Butthat's a minor thing - I love Man About the House and George and Mildred - my personal all time favourite comedies.

...And theres a book out on both in a July! :D Whistling nnocently

But no Robin's Nest? I hope you're going to send me a copy. For, you know, reviewing. And publicising. And that. :)

Robin's Nest is featured, but not as much as the other two. ;) Mainly because the first two are the most fondly remembered, secondly because space was running out in the book :)

Only got pdf copy of it at the moment, as it hasnt gone to press yet, but you can review one of 'em if you want ;)

Can't I get a hard copy? They're much nicer for my collection easier to read. :D

Saw an episode on Dutch TV while on holiday a few years and I still found it very funny. Many may recall the episode where Mildred accidently gives George's box of "gardening magazines" to the vicar's jumble sale.

Jumble Pie - Series 2, episode 1.

Mildred: George, were they very rude?
George: Well they were.... not really that.... I supp.. Yes they were rude Mildred!

:lol:

Quote: Tex Fisher @ May 13 2010, 4:40 PM BST

Jumble Pie - Series 2, episode 1.

Mildred: George, were they very rude?
George: Well they were.... not really that.... I supp.. Yes they were rude Mildred!

:lol:

What sort of art books George?

Didn't realise Norman Eshley who played Jeffery in G and M, played Robin's brother in Man About The House.

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 14 2010, 6:00 PM BST

Didn't realise Norman Eshley who played Jeffery in G and M, played Robin's brother in Man About The House.

He was also in an earlier episode trying to chat up Chrissy ;)

Quote: youngian @ May 14 2010, 1:28 PM BST

What sort of art books George?

With titles like "nudge", "wink", "titter"! Laughing out loud

I've got this press thing from the publishers to bring you all up to speed ;)
Hope it's OK to post links here :)

Hello.

Thanks for your continued support of our latest book, "Man About the House - George and Mildred : The Definitive Companion", which we are delighted to say is out in a matter of hours.

If you haven't already, you can pre-order this book online here: at the great price of only £11.24 with free postage, or buy from us direct to pay by cheque or PayPal. We have our first stock in already, so you can be the proud owner of this book the next day.

Here is a sneaky peak at our first stock of books fresh into our warehouse in Leeds. (The other 40 boxes wouldn't fit in the photograph!)

Thanks! www.deckchairpublishing.co.uk

I have bought the DVDs of George & Mildred, still enjoy it now...

Loved this show from when I was young. George has at least two fantastic moments each episode, which is enough to keep me watching. He and Yootha Joyce worked fantastically well together.