What's the name of the recording?

Hi,

When I lived in British Guiana a relative of mine brought an LP recording of some really hilarious comedy with a 'psychiatric' theme, if my memory serves me right.

I'd like to know the name of the recording and if I could find a link to it online to show to my kids.

I remember distinctly 2 jokes on it:

1. A teacher puts a worm in a glass of water and the worm crawled out, then he puts the same worm in glass of alcohol and the worm became instantly dead. So he asked the class, "What's the moral?", one boy said "I see Sir, if you dring alcohol you wouldn't have worms!"

2. A teacher wearing a short dress stretches to write on the chalkboard and her garter show, one boy at the back of the class 'giggled..' she turned around and asked 'who did that?" then the sent the boy home and told him don't come back until tomorrow...she went back to the board and this time BOTH garters showed..another boy giggled harder, she sent him home for a week..then she went back to her writing but dropped the chalk...Johnny picked up the books and started to run of the classroom...she said "where are going? he said, "teacher, from what I just saw...my schooldays are OVER!...

Oh how I wish I knew what to search for..

Thank you.

Tom

I was going to ask was it in black and white, but maybe the vinyl fact gives its age - in that case I would have a very rough stab at that Jimmy Edwards radio show - he went on to play the same character on TV, both in the 60s. I can't remember what the shows are called, that's if I'm even close - it's just a wild guess based on the type of gag you've shown.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it was a British Comedy..looked up Edwards and he was American..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Edwards

That first joke is very Jimmy Edwards, the show I was thinking of was Whack O! (thanks Aaron for link). But the 2nd one doesn't fit that, unless the show did have female teachers in it as well, but it somehow doesn't sound right. The psychiatric theme thing doesn't fit either, so I think I was way off with that. I do have a very faint idea of something similar in my head, a radio show which featured a man whose stupid face I can see, but can't remember his name! If it comes to me in the next coupla days I'll look it up...was it Lance Percival? was he in a psychiatric themed rad show?

Sounds familiar. Did it also have a boy jabbing a girl with a compass to wake her up to answer a question from teacher?

Teacher: Who created the Universe?
Girl: God Almighty.

Teacher:Who is our Lord and Saviour?
Girl: Jesus Christ.

Teacher: What did Eve say to Adam?
Girl: ...

Quote: Tom Burns @ March 21 2010, 4:02 PM GMT

Oh how I wish I knew what to search for..

Have you tried Yahoo! Answers?

The Little Johnny seeing both of the teacher's garters joke is all over the Net. Not sure if it's credited to anyone.

Hi Guys, thank you all for your responses....so far couldn't find a right fit..will continue though and look forward to any new idea you may have. I didn't think of Yahoo search, I guess because it would turn up US answers, not what I'm looking for.

I'll check out the 'garters' one on the net. Thanks.

Yahoo! Answers has a UK site, I believe.

Sounds familiar. Did it also have a boy jabbing a girl with a compass to wake her up to answer a question from teacher???