Biggest Comedy Rip-off Page 5

Oh yes the horn, so that's a very cheap copy of The Beach Boys playing in their garage a bit like The Cavemen, after wathcing Hawaii 5 O. You must have the tune in your head now.

Yep, it's stuck there. But I've always loved it. We played it in marching band when I was in school. Sounds great on a french horn.

Yes I'm sure it does, and it certainly would develop a good pair of lungs having to practise that every evening on the French horn. I can certainly think of easier pieces to puff away to.

Smoke on the Water was a tough one, as was In a Gadda Da Vida. But I was lucky to have a teacher that appreciated a good theme tune. Over the years we did Bonanza, The Dick Van Dyke theme, I love Lucy and The A-Team.

Just listened to The Munsters theme on YouTube. It's pretty damned good! :D

Quote: chipolata @ February 28 2010, 12:58 AM GMT

Just listened to The Munsters theme on YouTube. It's pretty damned good! :D

It's one of the best. The 60s were great for American sitcom theme tunes.

As far as rip-offs go, the late 50s come to mind. We had so many family sitcoms that were essentially the same show. Donna Reed, Father Knows Best, Make Room for Daddy, etc. Blech!

The black and white version reminds me of the music Enid was listening to all the way through Ghost World.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 27 2010, 11:42 PM GMT

You could say that Miranda was a rip off of several 70s sitcoms

And you'd be quite mad.

Which are you citing?

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2010, 11:33 PM GMT

The Addams Family had a Gomez. Which is an awesome and cool name. So they win.

Does anyone know who his son is, in real life?

Nope!

Do enlighten us.

Sean Astin and Mackenzie Astin. Which are you looking for? Although I don't think Sean is John Astin's biological son.

Quote: Bert Bastard @ February 26 2010, 12:49 AM GMT

I'd say elements of Paul Whitehouse's Unlucky Alf were derived from John Sparkes' Bert Bastard from Absolutely. Especially the use of the word, bugger.

Oh thank you. I haven't thought about Absolutely in years. I loved this, may even have it on an old betamax video someplace.

The sign behind Donald and George that said 'Get to Falkirk' got me into so much trouble when I repeated it to a teacher in 5th year.

And when McGlashan would cycle up to the English border and shout 'Poofs' before pedaling away furiously.

However, was Calum Gilhooley a rip-off of Shadwell (?) or Kevin Turvey in A Kick Up the Eighties?