Biggest Comedy Rip-off

It's has to be Joey from Friends getting the turkey stuck on his head, a la Mr Bean, doesn't it?

Hasn't that been done in The Simpsons too? Bart or Homer did it.

I never liked the expression 'jumping the shark'

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2010, 9:28 AM GMT

I never liked the expression 'jumping the shark'

That's more 'humping the shark'.

Well yes, that's kind of what I meant lol. Where's that symbol Dolly coined. :)

Another day, another spot of Chip bullying! :)

Well they've banned fox hunting round here now.

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2010, 9:47 AM GMT

Well they've banned fox hunting round here now.

Not where I live. Foxes are vermin.

As for comedy rip-offs, ain't nuthin' new under the sun. I recall when Eric Idle petulantly accused the makers of Shrek 3 of "stealing" Python's joke of people riding via the tapping of coconuts as horse hoofbeats. Python "stole" the joke from the Goon Show. Incidentally, homage is pronounced with an 'h' unless we are French.

There's a few foxes down my local but they do the hunting.

Quote: Kenneth @ February 24 2010, 9:52 AM GMT

As for comedy rip-offs, ain't nuthin' new under the sun. I recall when Eric Idle petulantly accused the makers of Shrek 3 of "stealing" Python's joke of people riding via the tapping of coconuts as horse hoofbeats. Python "stole" the joke from the Goon Show.

Good point Kenneth, not everything MP did was totally original, as is the common misconception, nor I think would the more honest members of MP ever pretend it was. But Mr Idle was always a bit of outsider in the team, he's certainly proved since that he thinks mainly of himself. However, the more dignified members Palin and Jones have long since admitted much of the stuff they did was rehashes of stuff kicking around in the 60s or reworkings of Goon Show and other radio sketches. Even the often conceited Mr Cleese conceded the show itself was in danger of not being aired at all because it was such an obvious copy of Milligan's Q. So shut up Eric and stop talking out of that panto horse's backside, you've done very well out of the long since dead horse yourself, mefeels.

Eric's probably just feeling the pressure of keeping the Python brand afloat.

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2010, 9:53 AM GMT

There's a few foxes down my local but they do the hunting.

Are they interested in an old warthog like you?

It's the Old Spice probably Chip ;)

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2010, 11:24 AM GMT

It's the Old Spice probably Chip ;)

Splash it all over.

It's the Marc of a man!