Yellowbeard

How could so many talented people (with a large budget) make something so rubbish?

I love it.

It's the last feature film of some interesting people if I'm not mistaken. Not seen it yet, but really want to.

I still can't get my avatar thing work...I do try every so often

It is not at all good.

Quote: Aaron @ February 16 2010, 10:53 PM GMT

I love it.

Dont get your hopes up. John Cleese has called the film terrible. He also held it up as an example of how Chapman could not function outside the group.

Quote: Badhead @ February 16 2010, 11:14 PM GMT

Dont get your hopes up.

I said "I love it". Not "I like the sound of it". :)

Quote: greensville @ February 16 2010, 11:08 PM GMT

I still can't get my avatar thing work...I do try every so often

Fixed.

Quote: Aaron @ February 16 2010, 11:37 PM GMT

Fixed.

Thanks buddy!

Quote: Aaron @ February 16 2010, 11:37 PM GMT

Sorry. Did not mean to quote your post. Used to the quote part being in a diffrent place in other forums

Ah, that makes sense then! :)

Also good is the 'making of' documentary on Yellowbeard, Group Madness.

At the time of its release, there were a lot of Python projects about. I don't recall this as being one of the better ones.

I still have the companion glossy book to the film. I would imagine that's worth about £2.50 on ebay.

Quote: Badhead @ February 16 2010, 11:14 PM GMT

John Cleese has called the film terrible.

I also hear Cleese hates apples; previously I'd quite liked them, now I realise they're shit.

I've never watched Yellowbeard.

I used to love this as a kid. Even then I could kind of tell it were shite though.

John Cleese can say what he will about Yellowbeard, but he is after all, the one who left MP while they were still going strong.
Yellowbeard is a film full of comedy legends. The writing may be weak, but the whole of it is very funny.

Palin talks about Yellowbeard in his diaries. He uses expressions like "Graham tries to get me involed in Yellowbeard AGAIN." He's so dismissive of it you can tell he thought the script was so bad he didn't want anything to do it.