Shows that should be put out of their misery Page 2

The half can't be a half much longer!

I quite enjoy that show.

I'd say South Park. In its prime the show was genius but now its becoming so pop-culture focussed and formulaic that I think the guys should move on to something different, like they did with the Team America (which was brilliant).

I fully back whoever mentioned the Simpsons, the epitome of something great being driven into the ground for monetary gain over artistic/comedic integrity, there's nothing that can sour so many people against such a good show. The Futurama "specials" have been going much the same way and really back up the fact that cancelling the series was a good idea. You can only ride on your own coat tails for so long.

Harry Hill's TV Burp and other such lazy televisual shows. It's cheap and he's talented and could do better.

Have I Got News For You.

The funniest thing about this show is that Merton and Hislop thought that Deayton was the unfunny one.

Shameless. The first two series were superb. The next one after Ann Marie Duff left was okay, but I couldn't watch it after that.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 23 2010, 12:06 PM GMT

Have I Got News For You.

The funniest thing about this show is that Merton and Hislop thought that Deayton was the unfunny one.

I part-agree with this. I don't think there's anything wrong with the format, but it does need refreshing a bit. I'm still quite the fan of Ian Hislop, mind.

Quote: sootyj @ February 16 2010, 10:45 PM GMT

Terry and June

The news at 10

I don't understand Terry And June finished a long time ago!! ?

Two Pints, although I actually laughed quite a bit at the last Christmas Special.

Quote: maidenpriest @ February 23 2010, 4:02 PM GMT

I don't understand Terry And June finished a long time ago!! ?

He's obssessed with it. Apparently it's the most evil, sinister sitcom Britain has produced.

I can't agree with The Simpsons at all. I still love it.

But my list would be

1. The Bill
2. Coronation Street
3. GMTV
4. This Morning
5. Jeremy Kyle
6. Shameless (though I'd like it to get to 10 series first)
7. My Family
8. Big Top
9. Doctors
10. Bargain Hunt
11. Cash In The Attic
12. Car Booty
13. The Weakest Link
14. You've Been Framed
15. Heartbeat (I hope it doesn't come back)

Oi - As it happens I was a contestant on the popular BBC TV programme Bargin Hunt.

Quote: bigfella @ February 24 2010, 7:12 PM GMT

Oi - As it happens I was a contestant on the popular BBC TV programme Bargin Hunt.

It's been on way too long, Tim Wantacock is a slimy greasy perv! :)

Quote: zooo @ February 16 2010, 11:48 PM GMT

Match of the Day.

Hahaa even worse - The winter Olympics!!

I'm from Australia...have been in the UK for a year, and there are some shows in the UK which are horrific! Holloaks and Emmerdale?? I'd sell everything I had, even sell all my gold - http://www.postalgold.com/sell-my-gold - just to get rid of these shows! Scary!