Partridge movie decision "expected in a month"

Yet more deliberation from Mr Coogan over this long-winded project.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/feb/08/alan-partridge-film-steve-coogan

Still, at least he's ensuring that the film will be done properly, if it all. If he doesn't pursue it, I just hope he does something else with the character, like a one-off TV special.

Not so sure about that. The live show he did with Partridge 2 years ago was dire.

Quote: Badhead @ February 8 2010, 6:07 PM GMT

Not so sure about that. The live show he did with Partridge 2 years ago was dire.

Was it? Wish someone had told me... Whistling nnocently

Just saw Ianucci on the news talking about his Oscar nom and he said he found out whilst having lunch with Coogan and Baynam (sp? he is always 'Sad Peter' to me) discussing the Partridge film. He seemed to imply it was going ahead. I imagine his Oscar nom will help get this off the ground.

I've only recently discovered Partridge and it's utter awesomeness. I think it's going to be set in the USA if they do one, which would be easy to write as you could just observe Gervais in the States for a week and you'd get all the Partridge material you would ever need. The scene with the Irish producers from season 1 really brought home to me how similar Brent and Partridge actually are, with the same awkward feeling while viewing. "'At the end of the day, they will pay the price for being a fussy eater" is such a brilliant line. Laughing out loud

Yes, it's planned to be set in America but it will not be adapted for American audiences. It will be the same old Alan doing the same stupid things but in a world where he doesn't even remotely fit in, which sounds hilarious in itself. Plus, we know from Series Two that he hates Americans. ("Michael, he calls his car 'convoy'. He's using a collective term for a single vehicle!") Laughing out loud

Armando said on his Twitter feed today that he spent the past two days working on a possible Partridge story. Didn't say whether it was film or TV. My pick would be another TV series. A film I think could be hit or miss, what people really want is what we all loved so much before.

I love the way you've all just ignored the information in my post. Laughing out loud

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 9 2010, 8:00 AM GMT

I love the way you've all just ignored the information in my post. Laughing out loud

Well what was it? A postcard from your aunt. A tax bill? A special offer on double glazing???

:)

Actually Armando rang me up and told me all about the Partridge film which he's beginning to shoot next week.

Quote: Marc P @ February 9 2010, 8:27 AM GMT

Well what was it? A postcard from your aunt. A tax bill? A special offer on double glazing???

:)

"Wether's Originals? A phone call from your son?" - guess the quote.

Happy Holidays: The Best of the Andy Williams Christmas Specials

(2001)

You're actually half right.

LOL. Well I confess to a bit of googling. You know... just now and then.

It was from a Christmas Special. :)

Quote: Mickeza @ February 8 2010, 8:25 PM GMT

I think it's going to be set in the USA if they do one, which would be easy to write as you could just observe Gervais in the States for a week and you'd get all the Partridge material you would ever need.

How true.

Quote: Joey Moose @ February 8 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

Yes, it's planned to be set in America but it will not be adapted for American audiences

Oh yes it will.That is exactly what will happen, why it is doomed from the start and why we all want another TV series.

Quote: Joey Moose @ February 8 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

we know from Series Two that he hates Americans. ("Michael, he calls his car 'convoy'. He's using a collective term for a single vehicle!") Laughing out loud

I think the American-hating aspect of his character will be *cough* modified.