FHM Stand-Up Hero Page 3

Quote: David Bussell @ September 15 2010, 6:50 PM BST

Wow, well done! Do I know you from the circuit?

Don't think so, I only started a few months ago and I'm very low down the circuit ladder!

I gig under my real name of mark tigwell.

Well done Mark

Quote: Mr Lewis @ September 15 2010, 10:30 PM BST

Don't think so, I only started a few months ago and I'm very low down the circuit ladder!

Oh me too, I'm barely on rung one! I've checked you out on FB and don't recognise you though. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we run into one another...

Quote: Mr Lewis @ September 15 2010, 10:30 PM BST

Congrats Mark!

Well done Mark, have fun and let us know how you get on.

Cheers people....I shall report back after the weekend!

Feels rather odd that it was less than a year ago that Tony suggested Logan Murray's comedy course and only a few months since I finished it!

I fear I may be up against some slightly more establish competition!

What was the entry criteria?

I was going to enter and then I psyched myself out of it.

I was amazed to find that I was allowed to enter (despite being a full-time stand up) but I wasn't free for the dates they had this weekend, so I think the entry requirements were fairly loose.

I know of at least a couple of other regulars on the circuit who are involved.

Well, next year for me then. I wish I was a full time comedian :( One day sir, one day!

Had my heat yesterday, not sure how much Baby Cow want to keep under wraps but a simple summary....

It was superb! A normal Friday for me is a bit of admin, maybe do some photocopying.....so to be in and out of make up, interviewing with Brendon Burns and be chatting with Holly from Red Dwarf was a little surreal!

The crowd were great and my set went as well as I could have hoped...I also got some lovely feedback from Brendon that (to be getting after just a few months gigging) was great to hear.

Who knows how they edit it together ... or what the judges' comments (that we didn't see filmed) come out like...or the feedback other TV comics give, as a few big names are going to "review" our stuff - but as long as it's half as good as the gig felt - I'll be real happy.

Can't give the results of course, or if I made the final to be filmed tomorrow.......but if anyone's at the Gong show in Leicester tomorrow, I'll see you there (there's a clue for you)

Oh...and Tony was right. There were comics competing that had been going longer than the guy that ran warm up for the night! Basically, anyone who hadn't done TV (at any reasonable level...there were certainly people who have been on comedy central type shows. This wasn't a "new act" event, in the traditional sense).

Well done fella. I will eagerly watch when it comes on the TV x

Wow!
The male Holly, I assume?

Quote: zooo @ September 19 2010, 12:36 AM BST

Wow!
The male Holly, I assume?

Could be either as Hatty Hayridge and Norman Lovett both still do stand up.

Oh, really?
I'd be happy to meet either!

what's the current situation with the FHM Stand Up hero? How would one find out about heats, etc, for the next competition??