Who Dares Wins Page 2

Quote: Kenneth @ February 2 2010, 5:19 AM GMT

You mean the Aussie stunt series hosted by Mike Whitney? Or the English game show of the same name? I doubt that either have been released on DVD.

Hahaa! I remember the stunt series by Mike Whitney, Tania Zaetta was in the news in 2008 for allegedly having sex with a member of the ASAS whilst touring the Australian Defence Base in Afghanistan. Brilliant, you have to appreciate a B Grade celebrity scandal!!

A splendid series. Cutting edge for its time. The kind of thing Network might release, surely?

As far as I recall, they've not released any sketch shows yet, or Channel 4 series, which I think this was. But a release candidate for someone, certainly.

Yes it was C4. It was the coolest thing on TV at the time.

There was a VHS 'The Unrepeatable Who Dares Wins' which I still have indoors somewhere but it seems to be out of stock everywhere so EBay maybe best bet. It was a very good show particularly for its time and didn't suffer too much from being too eighties. Great sketch where they commentate on a horse race with such runners as 'Brough Scott said it couldn't lose'...'there goes the housekeeping'....followed by 'that git Piggott' Mostly sketches interspersed by studio bits, very good.