Starting Out

Does anyone remember a comedy on BBC One in 1999 with Siobhan Hayes in? I really want to see it again, does anyone have a video or DVD of the series?
Thanks x :)

Can't say I recall it. Was it good, or are you a bit masochistic?

This was actually quite an enjoyable comedy - I have all 8 eps on DVD.

Caught one episode, was ok.

:D

Hi,
I'd really like to see "Starting Out" again too.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on DVD & I couldn't find it on YouTube.
The main characters were Samantha (Siobhan Hayes) & Dean (Ricci Harnett).
San
:)

I had it on DVD, but I accidentally broke one and I'm sad. :-( I wish it was on YouTube or released on DVD. can anyone help?

How nice of people to remember it fondly. Although I produced the show, I don't now have the series in any form. It was created by Marks and Gran for Siobhan Hayes, with whom we'd all fallen in love when she did a brilliant cameo in Birds of a Feather. Sadly, we only made one series because the BBC didn't want more, but I've always felt a second series would have built on the first.

It was very good, but in 1999 my stupid video recorder didn't tape the last few episodes when I went on holiday so I never thought I'd see them again! Then someone from this message board had it on DVD and kindly made me a copy and it was so good to see it again. It is a shame it was never released on DVD. They release crap like Baywatch on DVD, but why not Starting Out? It is a classic and definitely deserves to be released on DVD and the actors in it are all so good. Shame it never got a 2nd series. I will always remember it. :)

I used to loved this sitcom. Infact it was trying to find Starting Out that lead me to this forum today. I decided to join. It's nice to read people talking about it, because no one I mention it to can even remember it - I now know it wasn't my imagination. :) I'm very jealous of those of you who've found it on DVD. I can't even find a clip.

I have all the episodes on DVD, I did scratch it when hoovering, but got it mended as they are the only copies I have of this....

Does anybody know if there is an episode involving a blond woman having a spray tan?

She has a dream sequence where she pictures being all bronzed and picnicking with handsome men. However the tan is streaky and unsuccessful. Writing this out makes it even more hilarious!

During the credits do they dance on a white background?

For some reason this scene comes to mind every now and again. I don't know why my brain has selected this for regular reviewing. The memories of a night train through India, The birth of my children, a dog weeing on my sister are all sadly beginning to fade. But this remains?

I feel like if I knew the source or could rewatch it I might be set free or reveal a secret message.

Please help!