Shameless - Series 7

Anybody bother watching it?

I caught both the episode on C4 and first look on E4 and can't say I was that impressed with it. Yet more characters were missing (Debbie & Norma) and it's starting to feel a bit empty.

The only redeeming feature was Carl Gallagher getting naked every 5 seconds, presumably to keep the viewers watching for more.

I thought it was pretty good myself. People assume that a long running show is easy to "turn the wheel" ... but the first episodes in a new series, well can't fault it for being a little shaky.

All in all, still a good drama/comedy ... let's give it time, before we figure it all out.

To be honest, Debbie was becoming a little irritating, so don't miss her character at this point. As you know from previous series, characters can drift in and out of the story line, so anything is possible (even when they croak! lol)

Cal :)

Yup, enjoyed it and once it gets going, I'm sure it'll get back into flow.

Mrs Doyle & Frank Gallagher, who knew??? lolololol

i didnt really enjoy the last series either really though, was a bit crap, was a big let down when I didnt enjoy either of the 2 new episodes

It changed alot when the Maguires came into it more, they were really fun and fresh at first, but now theyre starting to be a bit boring. It could do with a new family

I found the first episode to be mediocre, but thought the second was much better.

I thought Sean Gilder, as Paddy, had a strong performance in this episode. Very touching, I found.

Yup, the second episode was more involved!!!

Speaking of Paddy & family... if you look back a couple of series, you can clearly see that the Maguires have been tamed and humanized. Let's face it, back in the day, they were like community terrorists, now they just look like over constipated, poor, misguided, hooliganated, Manchester riff raff! lololol

They have been tamed and it's no fun when they're like that. I preferred it when they were there to frighten people. It just needs a new family to be introduced to give the show a freshen up. Keep the Gallaghers (what's left of them) and the Maguires, but add a few fresh faces.

Yup, sounds good to me!

Even a bit more screen time for Ian, or stories surrounding the coppers, Stan & the local store etc. Seems too focused on the Maguires, Karen, Baby and the blokes mind games, the odd drama from Frank, surprisingly wise words from a "young" Liam and everyone else squeezed into shot!!

Oh well, I guess it will be the usual fight here, domestic there .... and bonking everywhere else.

Okay, so somebody must have heard me when I spoke about Ian above! lolool

So, a recap of tonight's episode >>> Drama > Sex > Drama > Sex > Sex > Drama > Drama ... oh yeah, and some Sex.

This week's offering was the best episode so far in my opinion. More substance and plot, keep up the good work!!

P.S. Are they turning Joe into a kinda good guy? ... hmm.

I'm still undecided on it all.

If Stan and Yvonne have left for good thenthat's 2 more original characters gone.

Also a bit weird that Norma has gone without explanation even though electing to stay with them in the last series as they couldn't do without her and she them.

It's still good but it's just the same old same old. Still needs a new family of little bastard hellraisers and chavs to move in next door to add a bit more colour instead of.

"I've got depression"
"We're getting divorced"
"He's blackmailing me"
"Lets run away coz we owe him money"
"I'm jumping off a roof"

Too much doom and gloom at the minute, not as many laughs as there used to be. It's a bit hardgoing. Turning into the northern EastEnders.

I agree with most of your observations David, but overall in this series, this last episode at least had beter build up to the various plots going on.

Let's face it, previous weeks have been.... mugging, plan, sex romp, blackmail, cheek, drunkiness, mugging, plan, sex romp, blackmail, cheek, drunkiness, mugging, plan, sex romp, blackmail, cheek, drunkiness, mugging, plan, sex romp, blackmail, cheek, drunkiness ...the end.

Quote: SivoxII @ February 26 2010, 6:48 AM GMT

...the end.

Probably isn't too far in sight :)

Did you ever think you'd see Mrs Doyle from Father Ted showing her tits on Shameless.