Newswipe With Charlie Brooker - Series 2

Moving over to new thread for the new series...

Well, I thought it was a weak opener. Misguided targets, a long, tedious 'poem', and generally lots of easily explainable stuff attacked. The 'Y2K Bug', for example; nothing happened BECAUSE so many millions of pounds were spent tackling it, not because it was scaremongering. I felt really quite sad that Brooker had resorted to such depths.

Hopefully episode 2 will be back up to the standard of Series 1.

He did, however, do some rather sexually enticing dancing at the end.

True. *rubs self*

:D

The poem was the best bit! That's not my opinion, mind. That's a fact.

I could really do without the poems. Can't stand them.

*Hates the poems*

Bah! Bah to you all.

*hates Tim Key*

Unimpressed

I loved the poem! Brooker was on fine form, and anyone who contends this notion shall be immediately dismissed.

Quote: Agent Cooper @ January 26 2010, 9:46 PM GMT

I loved the poem! Brooker was on fine form, and anyone who contends this notion shall be immediately dismissed.

*high fives*

"It's a bit like watching a play written by a dog"
:D

Loved the bit about filler news reports. Hilariously spot on observation there.

The poem was tedious. As was the American guy. Interesting for a quick cut-to perspective opinion thing... but basically, when it's not Charlie's bit, it all goes to shit.

Charlie always seems to be at his best when he's humourously deconstructing stuff. The best bits of Screenwipe, for me, were the behind-the-curtain exposes of how TV shows are put together. With Newswipe, he's just telling me stuff I already know, so it doesn't really do it for me.

Stanhope's not really living up to his reputation, either. Having a glass of whiskey in your hand doesn't make you a subversive on-the-knuckle street oracle. I'm really going to need to see him glass somebody. Michael Buerke maybe.