Things that piss you off Page 825

Quote: KLRiley @ January 20 2012, 4:03 PM GMT

No, actually. I couldn't care less what shape or form it comes in and to be honest I could manage without the Tablet in the short term but its part of the equipment which I have been assessed as requiring for my course because of my dodgy back. What I would like to have is the voice activated software so that I can do my coursework, the digital recorder so I don't miss anything in lectures and the computer health check because some tooser hacked a friend's email amount and as it's one I trust I clicked on the attachment and got a shed load of malware, which I have cleaned but I'd like to be sure. And they won't deliver any of it because they don't have any Tablets. I've just looked on Amazon and there's loads. I'm tempted to say tell you what, I'll order it as I have the spec and you will deliver everything else on Monday.

Oh I've just been assessed for the disabled student and employee goody bag as a dyspraxic.

Truth is I'm just f**king lazy. They'd do better to invest in a helper monkey to bite me when I start to drift off.

And no Leevil you can't have that job. On account of your fecklesness and preference for making tigers into sandwiches.

Why does everyone on TV seem to shout at me these days?

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere but these interminable 'quiz' shows with 'famous' comedians that seem to be on every half hour 24/7 are some of the biggest culprits.

I know it's not television aimed at a 65yo GOM but, f**k me, enough is surely enough ?

Oh for the days of Alvar Liddell's measured tones . . .

Angry

What's a GOM?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, Grumpy Old Man? Hehe.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 19 2012, 11:36 PM GMT

Not a big fan of dogs in an urban environment. Not only do they foul the pavement ... It's also kind of cruel on the dogs to have then cooped up in a tiny flat.

Extremely cruel to keep a dog inside a flat. Should be illegal.

Things that piss me off:

Income Tax Returns...

Quote: dellas @ January 20 2012, 1:49 PM GMT

;) Think the list will be large, perhaps not as large as your disillusions of what is acceptable as 'humour'
I put it to you, have you or your family had experience of rape?...

Firstly, I take it from this your assumption is that RC hasn't. How would you feel if he had turned around and said yes? Some people do deal with the darkest details of their lives with humour. Just look at Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce, Bill Hicks, Joan Rivers, and Sarah Silverman.

Secondly, all humour offends at least someone and he is not even the first person to make roofie jokes on this forum, let alone on TV and in comedy clubs. I myself have made them and I myself have been spiked. I was lucky I was not raped but it was unpleasant and it was due to some great friends that I got the medical help I needed. No it not in itself exactly humourous but people are going to, like other great issues of the world, make sick jokes.

If you feel it's unpleasant, no one will take that away from you. Of course not. But RC never meant it as a personal attack and having a go at someone on a comedy forum for posting a sick joke is a bit like having a pop at someone for posting annoying LOLcats on a forum called "I likez fluffy tings I does".

Next time RC says anything, just do what we all do. Imagine a little dog riding around in a paddle car wearing a fez until it's over.

Ah Sparky..... what would we do without you?

:) I never thought RC WAS being personal, if he had answered yes I would have liked a personal chat in private if that was OK with him.

I thought it would be OK to say, in not many words , that I didn;t find 'Rohypnal' type jokes funny, but I will defend anyones right to use them.

I don't see why 'attention seeking' comment is necessary, why is anyone on here then?
I thought it best to explain as people misunderstand me, I am considered a 'mystery' woman, I prefer 'enigmatic'!

Thanks Ruby, will do as you say that was funny and helpful ;)
Surprised that Zooo finds rape type jokes as funny, but it takes all sorts of humour to make a comedy world.
All explained time to leave this one alone.

Still awaiting my ruddy Christmas parcels, one I sorted with E.Bay money returned don't buy from China!.

China takes forever. I order stuff from Hong Kong and it practically crawls out of the country.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 19 2012, 11:36 PM GMT

Not a big fan of dogs in an urban environment. Not only do they foul the pavement but most of the chavs around here use them as loaded gun. It's also kind of cruel on the dogs to have then cooped up in a tiny flat.

The poo and the temperament are a result of humans, not the dogs. It's not rocket science to pick up after a dog and they are also not born aggressive. But yes it's cruel to own a dog if you live in a flat.

*Sets puppy on RC*

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ January 21 2012, 2:32 AM GMT

Firstly, I take it from this your assumption is that RC hasn't.

I really don't want to drink in the bar where Renegade is the best "roofie and rape" option.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ January 21 2012, 7:18 AM GMT

The poo and the temperament are a result of humans, not the dogs.

Yes, although dogs themselves are the result of humans anyway, because we've bred them that way from wolves over several millennia. So if we're talking about dogs, we're automatically talking about the result of humans.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2012, 7:37 AM GMT

I really don't want to drink in the bar where Renegade is the best "roofie and rape" option.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud I snorted.

Firstly, I take it from this your assumption is that RC hasn't. How would you feel if he had turned around and said yes? Some people do deal with the darkest details of their lives with humour. Just look at Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce, Bill Hicks, Joan Rivers, and Sarah Silverman.

Sorry but it's painfully obvious that RC's responses come from the fantasy island of never having experienced any of those things.

I would guess the only reason he's still got all his teeth and isn't wearing a permanent neck brace is because he's a big tall feller.

Secondly, all humour offends at least someone and he is not even the first person to make roofie jokes on this forum, let alone on TV and in comedy clubs. I myself have made them and I myself have been spiked. I was lucky I was not raped but it was unpleasant and it was due to some great friends that I got the medical help I needed. No it not in itself exactly humourous but people are going to, like other great issues of the world, make sick jokes.

If you feel it's unpleasant, no one will take that away from you. Of course not. But RC never meant it as a personal attack and having a go at someone on a comedy forum for posting a sick joke is a bit like having a pop at someone for posting annoying LOLcats on a forum called "I likez fluffy tings I does".

That's right, f**kbreath, all humour offends someone.

But it's best if you want to get a laugh and get laid to avoid talking about certain things. I once had a go at you for writing a sketch in which a baby was killed (run over I think but you will refresh my memory). I would fight for your right to write whatever you please but I'd urge you to weigh the effect of what you're saying carefully. What's the point of being cruel for the sake of it - you just come across like a loser.

My problem with;

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 20 2012, 1:16 PM GMT

Come on zooo, you know my views on Rohypnol - it's expensive, you have to drug the right girls drink, then you have to lug their semi-concious carcass into a cab (more money), then you have to drag their bloated body up a set of steps, undress them and then do all the work sexually. Plus you have to keep burning them with cigarettes to get the appropriate responses. It's a mugs game.

is not the subject matter but the tone. There are too many details - 'bloated body' - 'burning them with cigarettes' that flush away any potential humour. I'm sure RC doesn't care in the least how people regard him but writing like this reveals more than I think he realises. In another post he talks about coming on someone's 'bruised and crying face' - not exactly nuanced comedy misogyny so much as... misogyny.

As for his comment about attention seeking - quite ironic. It's harder to imagine anyone more attention seeking than him - except perhaps Me

So... how about them Red Sox?

Quote: Marc P @ January 21 2012, 11:00 AM GMT

So... how about them Red Sox?

It's not baseball season. Should have been a basketball/NFL/hockey reference. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, RC's jokes have been funny and I'm fairly certain that he just likes to tell brash jokes and is a genuinely good fella in real life.