Things that piss you off Page 5

Quote: Ed Parnell @ April 27, 2007, 2:08 AM

Actually, I knew one of them once and he blanked me. So I told the manager only to accept cash from him as he stole cards and wrote dodgy cheques. As I knew he would be paying. Ponce.

Laughing out loud

Actually... there is one thing that really pisses me off...

The ideas that clients come up with, that are basically rubbish but MUST be included in any script/design/concept because:

a) the client needs their ego massaging
b) the client is paying

Is that technically two things?

And yayy... this is my second post. Does that mean I'm not a newbie any more?

Wait... that's now three posts... Damn I didn't think that through at all did I? I'm going to be forever editing this, everytime I post anywhere else, just so I can appear witty and post-modern.

OK, the more I think about this the easier it gets...

I'm sure there has been a post dedicated to this already somewhere but another 'thing' that pisses me off is that excuse for a SitCom, 'My Family'!

I've seen a few episodes... when I've been too lazy to move from the couch... and I just don't get it. I mean, perhaps I've lost some of the brain cells resposible for 'Light Entertainment' but do others' find this show funny?

Perhaps it deserves more acclaim, simply for surviving this long?

I like it. As everything else though, it's not to everyone's tastes.

It'd be interesting to try and track down a show that everyone likes. Perhaps Black Books?

ahh... now I liked Black Books a lot!

Does anyone know if another series is planned?

What pisses me off, is people who say something is "rubbish" just because "they" don't like it; especially when it comes to comedy; and in particular highly successful shows/comedians. Who's to say whether something is funny or not?

Agreed Rustle. Now I'm not into sucking his dick or anything but alot of people say Ricky Gervais is rubbish. This is wrong, he's just not to their taste. - Notice I didn't say he was good either, I do like him, but I'm avoiding being called a Hippocrate.

I agree, lets bury our opinions and all start wearing beige.

Things that piss me off- witty replies to serious posts

Things that piss me off- unwitty replies to serious posts.

Is unwitty a word?

I'm not sure about Rustle, but I didn't mean to say, people shouldn't be allowed to express opinions.

But surely, "I don't like him, he's not to my taste." is a more accurate statement then, "He is rubbish."

Although; One man's rubbish is another man's treasure.

Quote: Leevil @ April 27, 2007, 2:54 PM

Things that piss me off- unwitty replies to serious posts.

You're gay Whistling nnocently

saying "he is rubbish" is quicker and less diplomatic so swings and roundabouts. No-one really cares unless thay realy like the thing thats being called rubbish.

Things I hate-Russel T Davis saying that Primeval is racist because they don't have any black cast members and then Doctor Who overcompensating by having black people in every episode. Were there really black people in shakespere's time?
Also hes repeating old storylines, first episode in a hospital, second episode the queen of England wants to kill him, third episode experiments on humans, stop when this sounds familiar.

btw-I like doctor who and Russel T Davis its just because it was in front of me that I had a go.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 27, 2007, 3:07 PM

Were there really black people in shakespere's time?

Best sentence ever.

So I'll add ignorance to the list then?

Pesky darkies...

Quote: Leevil @ April 27, 2007, 3:26 PM

Best sentence ever.

So I'll add ignorance to the list then?

explain?

Well as I understand it, you are ignorant to the fact whether black people lived during Shakespeare's time.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ April 27, 2007, 2:36 PM

What pisses me off, is people who say something is "rubbish" just because "they" don't like it; ... in particular highly successful shows/comedians.

Thank God I'm not the only sane one around here. Two Pints is probably the best example, since that seems to be pretty universally hated here, but also a huge success with its target audience. This board is filled with writers, and yet all they can do is bitch (out of jealousy and bitterness IMO) about how awful and how popular it is. As I see it, anyone serious about the craft would be working out and appreciating WHY it's so popular, and what about it appeals to people, rather than just calling it shit at every opportunity. It might not be to their particular taste, but something which has hit such a note with its target, and had 6 (I think) series' is most certainly not "shit". Pretty much every popular programme seems to get panned, and yet they all wonder why their material is never commissioned. Bah!

Rant over. Now let the inevitable he's-right-but-I-won't-admit-it flaming begin! ;)