Things that piss you off Page 376

$100! I pay much less than that for my TV subscription!

Quote: Moonstone @ December 31 2008, 5:59 PM GMT

Are they still planning on charging the same amount for minus 18 channels?

Yes. All because Viacom wants 25 cents per subscriber per month. Several of the networks have tried this in order to bolster sagging revenues.

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2008, 6:04 PM GMT

$100! I pay much less than that for my TV subscription!

It's more than just the television subscription. My current bill is about $165 per month for a zillion channels (about 70 in HD), 2 DVRs, 6 outlets, home telephone with unlimited long distance and a 28 Mb/sec Internet connection. I can get the Internet alone for $60, so I'll save $100 if I dump the phone and TV.

Then I think I'd f**k them off just out of principle, greedy bastards.
Putting the costomer last is so the best way to run a business :S

Quote: Moonstone @ December 31 2008, 6:14 PM GMT

Then I think I'd f**k them off just out of principle, greedy bastards.

I think I shall. I'll just configure my Mac Mini to automatically download the shows I want from Usenet. Almost as good as a DVR.

I use my cell phone most of the time, so I doubt I'll even miss the home phone.

6 outlets? What do you mean?

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2008, 6:32 PM GMT

6 outlets? What do you mean?

I have cable connections in 4 bedrooms, the living room and the upstairs game room. I think the cable company charges a small fee for each additional outlet, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Quote: DaButt @ December 31 2008, 6:13 PM GMT

Yes. All because Viacom wants 25 cents per subscriber per month. Several of the networks have tried this in order to bolster sagging revenues.

It's more than just the television subscription. My current bill is about $165 per month for a zillion channels (about 70 in HD), 2 DVRs, 6 outlets, home telephone with unlimited long distance and a 28 Mb/sec Internet connection. I can get the Internet alone for $60, so I'll save $100 if I dump the phone and TV.

That is crazy talk to spend that much on telly watching. Can it, JEEZZZZZZ consumerisim at its worse. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ December 31 2008, 6:35 PM GMT

I have cable connections in 4 bedrooms, the living room and the upstairs game room. I think the cable company charges a small fee for each additional outlet, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Flipping hell. Really? We just get a connection into our homes and then can do what we want with it.

(Of course, if you want extra boxes and viewing cards and whatnot, then you have to pay. Perhaps that's what you mean?)

I just looked at my bill and I'm not paying additional fees per outlet. I guess I was remembering my satellite days.

My monthly bill:

$65 for a few hundred channels, 2 DVRs, Showtime and some additional HD channels

$45 for cable Internet

$40 for unlimited telephone service

$10 for various taxes, fees and surcharges

BASSHUNTER

He does love to search for the bass though.

I don't agree them using hounds though.

3 days off the ciggies, so absolutely f@~king everything!!!

Quote: Daddy Maz @ January 3 2009, 5:50 PM GMT

3 days off the ciggies, so absolutely f@~king everything!!!

Laughing out loud

11 days for me!

Well done Lee!

Quote: Leevil @ January 3 2009, 5:59 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

11 days for me!

Whatever you do don't think about those long lovely cigarettes just waiting for you to draw back that wonderful smoke and then puff, out it comes in a satisfying cloud of gorgeousness. Any help?