Things that piss you off Page 374

I have to admit I do get uncomfortable around women who tend to flip them out in the middle of Costa while you are talking about hair straighteners but it's still a natural thing to do. People complain about random stuff.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ December 30 2008, 5:51 PM GMT

I have to admit I do get uncomfortable around women who tend to flip them out in the middle of Costa while you are talking about hair straighteners but it's still a natural thing to do. People complain about random stuff.

Lol. That would have been me. I must admit it does seem weird because we're not used to seeing it. The more we did, I think we'd all get a lot more used to it and more people would find it easier to breastfeed.

Packaging makes me angry. It takes forever to open things that are sealed up in todays packaging. I need a tomahawk just to open a DVD.

Germaine Greer says some interesting stuff about how in Western society breasts as sexualised body parts are fine.

But being used for the purpose they're supposed to, their scary.

Doing a poo is natural too, but I don't really want to see that in Starbucks either. ;)

Saying they're obscene on Facebook is a bit silly though. Suppose it depends whether the picture is more focused on the baby or the booby. :)

That said you get those women who breast feed kids up until 7 or 8.

Now that would weird me out in Nero's (don't like Costas).

I used to work for Costa. They treat their staff like total crap.

Pay is low, breaks are few, and they rarely see any of the tips.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2008, 5:58 PM GMT

Doing a poo is natural too, but I don't really want to see that in Starbucks either. ;)

Saying they're obscene on Facebook is a bit silly though. Suppose it depends whether the picture is more focused on the baby or the booby. :)

They're kinda diferent things, I mean disregarding feces is something even beasties do to avoid infection.

Except dogs, but their filthy bastards.

That said if Facebook say nudey bits, it doesn't become exeptable if you put a baby on it.

Or you'd have nice bottoms with babies taped to them.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ December 30 2008, 6:00 PM GMT

I used to work for Costa. They treat their staff like total crap.

Pay is low, breaks are few, and they rarely see any of the tips.

And the coffee is shit.

Starbucks aparently treat staff quite well.

But then if the coffee's good I don't care if they use chimp slaves, with tazer belts.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2008, 5:58 PM GMT

I know you're joking but I have heard that argument. It's the equivalent to eating rather than poo-ing. :) And also I think people don't realise that babies, and breastfeed babies in particular need feeding very often so it's impossible to go anywhere without having to feed them at some point.

What I don't like is those mothers who breast feed right up to secondary school. Yes, it may have physical health benefits but it's slightly outweighed by the psychological damage!

Holy cow.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2008, 6:20 PM GMT

Holy cow.

Kind of apt ;)

I believe in child-lead weaning (where the child decides when they are ready to use a cup and drink other milk) but I do find it hard to believe that many kids would want to still breastfeed past five years, as they seem so keen to prove how grown-up they are. I see where they use it as a comfort thing, and in an ideal world consuming human milk is healthier, as you say, but yeah, I would wonder why an older child didn't want to move away from their infant behaviour.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 30 2008, 6:21 PM GMT

I believe in child-lead weaning (where the child decides when they are ready to use a cup and drink other milk) but I do find it hard to believe that many kids would want to still breastfeed past five years, as they seem so keen to prove how grown-up they are. I see where they use it as a comfort thing, and in an ideal world consuming human milk is healthier, as you say, but yeah, I would wonder why an older child didn't want to move away from their infant behaviour.

They're pervs?

Quote: Moonstone @ December 30 2008, 6:20 PM GMT

Kind of apt ;)

I done it on purpose n'all!