Things that piss you off Page 1,806

TBH it doesn't bother me.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th May 2021, 2:44 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone who uses the expression 'FYI' a total f**king c**t?

For your information you TFC.

So, I receive a letter from some parking company to say I owe them £70 for illegally parking in our local hospital car park, where I have been doing so for over 20 years, attending the eye clinic, including going every week for the last 7 weeks for a post op check on my left eye, when I had that "trap door" stitched into the eyeball.

On the last, and ironically final, visit it was v. busy and I had to wait 2 hours in a corridor to see the eye surgeon for the final check (he was very pleased with how it had gone, by the way and I no longer have to put drops in that eye OR see him).

Unbeknownst to me, and I reckon hundreds of others (!!), at the beginning of May, the hospital execs. decided that Blue Badge holders (me included) had to register their badge in some office in this vast site, so they could check the badge against owner (photo etc.), and so it seems if you don't they assume you don't have a badge and are illegally parking, and there is the photos in the letter of my car clearly coming into the hospital grounds (NOT the car park) and 2½ hours later departing.

Hence, I owe them £70 for parking illegally, even though I had displayed my badge with three hours parking allowance on the dashboard. IF I pay the fine within 14 days, they will reduce it to £42.

I can make an appeal, which I did right away online, BUT it may take them 28 days OR LONGER to "allow" for Covid (what a load of bollocks) before they can reply, which means I could see that fine double to £140 OR whatever figure they dream up.

Three things occur to me.

ONE - IF I wasn't a Blue Badge holder, which they appear to assume, how did they know I had not bought a parking ticket in the normal way? There are numerous car parks on the site - I cannot see them monitoring every car on everyone.

TWO - WHY didn't they inform Blue Badge holders of the change of rules? When I filled in the appeal form online, they asked for all my details as they didn't know who I was, YET, the letter was addressed to me personally.

THREE - There is a whole page devoted to this new system on the hospital web site. WHY didn't they have large signs everywhere around the hospital site to tell people of the new situation?

And I quote :

"New parking technology is being introduced at Ipswich Hospital next week to make it easier and more convenient for everyone to park." WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

"Paul Fenton is Director of Estates and Facilities for North Essex and East Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, the organisation which runs Ipswich Hospital.
He said: "Many of our patients and visitors have told us how much better their experience of visiting would be if we had different payment options, so we are really pleased to be able to introduce this flexibility." BOLLOCK 2 The Sequel.

IF they want to save/make money mate, they want to get shot of all the obscenely overpaid hospital execs. like you - they would save £Millions!!

YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED - I AM A TAD ANNOYED Pleased

So? (First word!)

Yes I get your pain. Tell them that as an eye patient you couldn't read the signs. Dominic Cummings got away with it.

Fancy a crowd-funding page?

Quote: Chappers @ 4th June 2021, 5:22 PM

So? (First word!)

Yes I get your pain. Tell them that as an eye patient you couldn't read the signs. Dominic Cummings got away with it.

Fancy a crowd-funding page?

Sew, :P they can go and f**k themselves - I hope I have access to a computer in jail, so I can tell you all how I got on with my appeal.

You can access the net I think but you'll have to hide your smart phone up your bum.

Quote: john tregorran @ 5th June 2021, 1:52 AM

You can access the net I think but you'll have to hide your smart phone up your bum.

Oww

It's probably got vehicle recognition cameras. They are everywhere now.
In a second they have your name address everything.
My local hospital (Dewsbury) charges a fortune. You can't park in the street for a mile around the place as no one will park in the hospital. The carpark there is always half empty.
But at Halifax hospital you put your bank card in - it gives you a ticket and on the way out you are charged to the second.
If you are less than half an hour - no charge.

You probably think I'm a snob and a dinosaur but I'm getting pissed off with all these pundits who can't speak English properly.

"First 'arf", "Beyind", "'Itting the ball." That's a couple of them. Then there's the pronunciation of "TH" and this is all the English pundits. And all the "runnin'", "tacklin'" etc.

The foreigners I've got no complaints with. And I'm not being misogynistic but Emma Hayes is obviously very knowledgeable but her tone is so bland. You have to have some character in your voice to be on radio or TV.

I don'y think they are judged on their voices anymore.

Because of the Euros all this week's episodes of Emmerdale (yes Emmerdale!) are online and I've watched them out of order.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2021, 7:49 PM

Because of the Euros all this week's episodes of Emmerdale (yes Emmerdale!) are online and I've watched them out of order.

What a shame- my heart bleeds for you.

If you missed owt, I'll fill you in.
Matt's still in't top acre wi Joe and Dolly's baking some buns.
Mr Wilkes and Amos have fallen out and so have Mrs Bates's tits.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th June 2021, 7:17 AM

................................so have Mrs Bates's tits.

Bloody hell! Never ever watched it, but now I will.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th June 2021, 10:50 AM

So, I receive a letter from some parking company to say I owe them £70 for illegally parking in our local hospital car park, where I have been doing so for over 20 years, attending the eye clinic, including going every week for the last 7 weeks for a post op check on my left eye, when I had that "trap door" stitched into the eyeball.
And I quote :
"New parking technology is being introduced at Ipswich Hospital next week to make it easier and more convenient for everyone to park." WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

"Paul Fenton is Director of Estates and Facilities for North Essex and East Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, the organisation which runs Ipswich Hospital.
He said: "Many of our patients and visitors have told us how much better their experience of visiting would be if we had different payment options, so we are really pleased to be able to introduce this flexibility." BOLLOCK 2 The Sequel.

IF they want to save/make money mate, they want to get shot of all the obscenely overpaid hospital execs. like you - they would save £Millions!!

YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED - I AM A TAD ANNOYED Pleased

A win for the little man, against bureaucracy - they have dropped the charge and case, following my appeal. All I have to do now, is to get my Blue Badge registered with the Hospital Admin, by taking the badge into them, while I park in a disabled space without a badge.
I'll then wait with bated breath and a possible Round 2

"16 June 2021
Reference: Parking Charge - 035219/017527
Dear Sir / Madam,
We are writing in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 26 May 2021 at 15:41, at Ipswich
Hospital - Patient & Visitor F car park.
As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to confirm that this charge has now been cancelled and
there is no outstanding payment due.
We understand that receiving a Parking Charge Notice may be inconvenient, however, issuing
Parking Charges for breaches of the parking terms and conditions at this car park is necessary to
ensure a better overall parking experience for all users of the facilities.
To avoid potential future inconvenience, we would kindly request you follow the parking terms
and conditions displayed on the signage throughout the car park.
Yours faithfully,
CPP Team"