Things that piss you off Page 1,803

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th March 2021, 3:52 PM
Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th March 2021, 3:33 PM

I have no wish to pursue this with you, as I've been advised not to rise to your bait.

For some reason, you took against me about 2 months ago. I offered an olive leaf, but you ignored me, so that's an end to it as far as I am concerned.

You can stew in your own ignorance.

I'm not the ignorant one here. You called Graham Norton a c**t because he used the word 'mom' which you thought was being used in an American way and I said it's a common term in Ireland so you were being offensive to the Irish.

I have no wish to pursue this with you either Herc :)

Well, that went well.

These gamble responsibly adverts. When the fun stops, stop.

How bloody hypocritical. They know that if people stop when the fun stops they'd all be out of business.

I don't do it myself but I've worked with people who'd be all day in the bookies and not spend a fiver.
You don't have to spend a lot if you enjoy it all,studying the form,judging the condition of the horses, watching the race,etc....and sometimes you might win :)

Quote: Chappers @ 20th March 2021, 10:24 PM

These gamble responsibly adverts. When the fun stops, stop.

How bloody hypocritical. They know that if people stop when the fun stops they'd all be out of business.

They're obliged to by law. It's the same mentality that has health warnings on fag packets when the purchasers are the last people on Earth who'd care.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th March 2021, 4:00 PM

I have no wish to pursue this with you, as I've been advised not to rise to your bait.

For some reason, you took against me about 2 months ago. I offered an olive leaf, but you ignored me, so that's an end to it as far as I am concerned.

I'm not the ignorant one here. You called Graham Norton a c**t because he used the word 'mom' which you thought was being used in an American way and I said it's a common term in Ireland so you were being offensive to the Irish.

I have no wish to pursue this with you either Herc :)[/quote]

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th March 2021, 4:00 PM

I regret using the word "c**t". This week has been hell for me worrying about my eye op. and then whether I would be blind in that eye.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st March 2021, 8:50 AM

I regret using the word "c**t". This week has been hell for me worrying about my eye op. and then whether I would be blind in that eye.[/quote]

It's Sunday Herc. Thank you for your confession. You are forgiven.

Bless you my son. Angelic

Quote: Chappers @ 20th March 2021, 2:17 PM

There are only Four Seasons - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter ... .

Yes, but there are lots of times when season is used and doesn't refer to those specific seasons. Eg., The Cricket Season, The Football Season, Season, Grouse-Shooting season, 'Tis the season to be jolly, etc.

What about salt and pepper they're not just an 80's pop group they're seasons for seasoning.

Although in fairness Frankie Valli wasn't allowed to be a 5th season so there may be something to it .

Personally, I'm a man for all seasons.

Did you know that Henry the 8th was a boss pole vaulter , what are the odds.

And for the film The Elephant Man, they found someone who looked just like him. AND was a good actor, to boot! What're the chances of that happening?
It pisses me off when people say I'm obsessed with New Order and Michael Jackson. Leave me alone.

Why do all Elvis impersonators only cover his later years? Why are there no clean cut young Elvis impersonators? Could it be that Elvis is in fact seen as a god send to fat middle aged men who have sunglasses and no sense of shame?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 22nd March 2021, 8:16 PM

Why do all Elvis impersonators only cover his later years? Why are there no clean cut young Elvis impersonators? Could it be that Elvis is in fact seen as a god send to fat middle aged men who have sunglasses and no sense of shame?

Better ask SS why.

I do remember a Father Ted episode where the three ages of Elvis were represented though.