Things that piss you off Page 1,724

Quote: keewik @ 25th June 2017, 5:12 PM

Ridiculous that technology prevents a shop from selling a simple newspaper! I set off today to buy my favourite Sunday paper. First problem was in Tesco Extra where they hadn't received the paper at all. Next stop Morrison's where I was told their supply of the paper had come in but they couldn't sell me it because it wouldn't scan - I tried not to gnash my teeth at the assistant who told me this! Anyway I finally got the very last copy in a small independent local shop. I told the man the copy he was selling me was like gold dust but I think he thought I was mad.

Such a shame you couldn't get your Mail on Sunday!

I can post you mine now I've finished with it.

*vows to beat his head in with saved copy of 'Scotland on Sunday*

I just cringe every time I hear someone on TV or radio say Haitch!

UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't cringe. I want to beat their heads in. And rip out their tongues.

Photobucket. I've had an account or some years, mainly to allow me to post pictures on a couple of message boards. I rarely use it - in fact it's about 2 years since the last time. This morning I had an email in my junk folder and described as spam, telling me I'd now have to take out a paid package if I wanted to be allowed to post pictures on message boards. Since they wanted money and since there were various links to click on, I assumed it was a scam and deleted it. However I then went on to the website only to discover it's true. The 'package' involved would cost about £30 (and, come to think of it, I didn't check if that was monthly or annually). Grrr! I've no intention of paying this. Does anybody know of any other websites which can be used for this? Alternatively, since I rarely use it, I might just close my account and not bother about another.

I too have a rarely used Photobucket account. Will give it a whirl now with a seductive mouse pic:

Hmm, seems OK. All I read was that Photobucket wanted money for third-party hosting or for exceeding a 2GB freebie quota.

But ... incompetent editors, they really piss me off.

Oh yes, I just went through my entire photobucket recently, to save all the pics. I think if you don't pay by January, they're deleting everything.
Nice of them.

I've no idea of any similar sites to use. I also don't use it much anymore. (Although I had pics on there going back 10 years!)

imgur.com

I've installed a Chrome extension that allows me to right-click just about any online image and then upload it to imgur. Copy the link, paste it into your post and voila.

What I've done on the rare occasions that I wanted to post a photo on this, or a similar, site is open up an item for sale on ebay (it can all be gobbledegook), attach the photo in question and then schedule the listing for some future date (for which there is currently no fee). The photo is then stored on the internet and you can use its image address. Just remember then to cancel the scheduled listing on ebay before it is due to start.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th July 2017, 12:17 PM

What I've done on the rare occasions that I wanted to post a photo on this, or a similar, site is open up an item for sale on ebay (it can all be gobbledegook), attach the photo in question and then schedule the listing for some future date (for which there is currently no fee).

Soon Zooo's eBay account will be filled with hundreds of auction listings for that greasy haired actor who plays Daryl on The Walking Dead.

Laughing out loud

True. I'd better try imgur instead.

This is what I got yesterday when I went to use a graphic I had used many times previous. I followed the link where I was informed that I will need to pay $399.00 to continue.

Now, I could say F you as I rarely use them, preferring tinypic, BUT one of them owns the other and what worries me now is all the Punch cartoons I have stored at tinypic and they doing what their parent company photobucket have done.

I wonder, and hope that it something to do with exceeding the free storage limit BUT as a number of us are experiencing the same thing I fear the worse.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2017, 8:58 AM

I wonder, and hope that it something to do with exceeding the free storage limit BUT as a number of us are experiencing the same thing I fear the worse.

Well that's that theory shot in the foot - I have just deleted near on 400 photos/graphics and it has made f**k-all difference :-

Oh dear, I hope it doesn't happen with tinypic. :(

F**kers, the lot of 'em.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen with tinypic too! Or at least that you'd get plenty of warning.

Quote: zooo @ 18th July 2017, 11:24 AM

F**kers, the lot of 'em.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen with tinypic too! Or at least that you'd get plenty of warning.

Yes, but I can't scan all them in again..................I'm on the edge already. Errr