Things that piss you off Page 1,693

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th November 2016, 11:57 AM

I have no problem..........methinks someone or something is trying to tell you summat.

:D

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2016, 9:41 PM

Why do I have to keep signing in here? I thought if it "remembers" me then I should automatically sign in.

Quote: reds @ 16th November 2016, 10:52 AM

Happening to me as well. I thought I must have been accidentally hitting a sign out button .

Sorry about that. As we're launching new premium features and storing more personal data, we're far more security-conscious now and sign you out if there's a mismatch anywhere.

Does it happen every time you visit the site, or only every so often? Also, which browser are you using?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th November 2016, 11:57 AM

I have no problem..........methinks someone or something is trying to tell you summat.

Just you wait!

Quote: Aaron @ 16th November 2016, 4:05 PM

Sorry about that. As we're launching new premium features and storing more personal data, we're far more security-conscious now and sign you out if there's a mismatch anywhere.

Does it happen every time you visit the site, or only every so often? Also, which browser are you using?

Not every time. I thought maybe it was once a month or something.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th November 2016, 5:58 PM

Not every time. I thought maybe it was once a month or something.

In that case it's probably when your web browser updates; our system recognises that as a different environment from that you've visited with us previously, and logs you out just to be sure no one is trying to pose as you and gain access to your account.

Yet again I deplore the use of the word 'floor' when it's the ground being talked about. I know language is changing all the time but this muddies the issue as to whether the incident is inside or outside.

Floored coffee? I've never heard of that.

Exactly.

Quote: keewik @ 16th November 2016, 10:21 PM

Yet again I deplore the use of the word 'floor' when it's the ground being talked about.

I thought it was a UK thing. I hear it fairly frequently on UK news and television shows, but not very often over here. I agree that it's annoying.

Yet again I deplore the use of the word 'floor' when it's the ground being talked about. I know language is changing all the time but this muddies the issue as to whether the incident is inside or outside.

It's lucky you don't watch football. "Keeping it on the floor" came into usage a few years ago, and is used all the time now by the commentators and pundits to refer to a playing style. Maybe they were the ones who started the trend?

Forest floors are outside, but wooden floors are inside.

I fear you are fighting a losing battle.

Is the argument flawed?

Who hates floors? Ceiling fans.

Amazon Prime; I am buying Christmas presents from Amazon and suddenly I get an email saying welcome to one free month of Amazon Prime. Reading the small print, they will deduct a monthly sum from my account after the free month.
I don't want it, I didn't ask for it but somehow I clicked a wrong button or more likely didn't uncheck a pre-checked button.

No worries though, they will have a cancel button. Well if there is, it is well hidden. They will have a 'contact us' page er nope.
After an hour of searching I still can't find out how to cancel it. Does anybody here know how?

I've never used it but if you got a confirmation email maybe there is a link to unsubcribe? Or can you edit your payment details so they are blank?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200421650

Does this help?