Things that piss you off Page 1,689

"These tight strides are ruinin' me future," is common Australian vernacular, at least in my imagination.
Troosas , trusas trewsas, trousers or however spelled is the best term.
Slacks? Sounds like something out of a fashion catalogue (or a clothing store) for commoners. You wouldn't catch me using that word in a million years. Speaking of "catch", there's a charming Australian slang term for underpants, which is "crap-catchers", sadly falling out of fashion.

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 18th September 2016, 9:23 AM

Slacks is one of those lost words, a bit like society, privacy and discombobulated. They were all banned by Thatcher during the miners strike as they were considered to be taking up unnecessary room in the dictionary and giving people ideas above their station. I think we should now vote on a collective word we can agree to use for the said items,

A few suggestions are

Strides
Breeches
Britches
Pants
Chaps
Daks
Trews

My vote goes to breeches, that way I can go into shops dressed as Dr Johnson shouting sir breeches now for the wearing of!

I always quite liked "Callards".

I used to love the cartoon violence in Roadrunner, Tom and Jerry, Family Guy etc.

But those Gaz and Leccy adverts really get me. Maybe it's the fact that it's 3D.

Mister - FUCKING - Green Light!

Quote: Chappers @ 27th September 2016, 11:13 PM

Mister - FUCKING - Green Light!

Have to agree. I end up wanting to punch his face into a different shape.

I don't like people who is arrogants. 'Arrogants' is when you think better than others. Maybe is, but no need to be arrogance about it! Some women think they're better than men: We call these self-empowered, emancipated ideals who set a vital example to the next generation. Some men think they're better than women: We call these sexist f**king wankers and you can f**k off out of it, you sexist f**king wanker. Is more complexiated! Stephen Hawking is 'good' at expounding quantum physics theories probing time, space and the ultimate reality; Mel C is better at back flips, and considerably more attractive in my opinion. Virginia Woolf developed prototype feminist literature and innovative narrative technique; Nick Kamen took his pants off in the laundry. Everyone has your somethings good - but not be arrogance about them! Arrogants sucks!

Things that have pissed me off today, woman at post office saying I'm not racist but... Man who said pacific instead of specific at dentist. People on the tram just being there. BBC news which is crap and like some government lapdog, my bloody toothache, the dentist waiting room which was efficient and hygienic and had no old copies of National Geographic in.......

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 7th October 2016, 5:46 PM

Man who said pacific instead of specific at dentist.

:D

In fairness, specific is a bit of a tricky word to say, especially when trapped in a dentist's chair being suctioned to death.

I'll join you on the toothache front Muddle, been suffering with mine and I'm having to get a crown in a couple of weeks. Damn those Royals.

The tram? Where do you live, Beamish?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 7th October 2016, 6:32 PM

:D

In fairness, specific is a bit of a tricky word to say, especially when trapped in a dentist's chair being suctioned to death.

I'll join you on the toothache front Muddle, been suffering with mine and I'm having to get a crown in a couple of weeks. Damn those Royals.

We stand in solidarity Shandonbelle, this toothache has been raging for a week now, but finally I can eat and have a cup of tea, joy unconfined. Good luck with the crown, when our teeth are sorted we shall start a revolution, as long as no heavy lifting is involved, what with my back......

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th October 2016, 6:35 PM

The tram? Where do you live, Beamish?

Manchester cocker, Manchester the Manchester of the North, so good they named it once :)

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 7th October 2016, 6:40 PM

We stand in solidarity Shandonbelle, this toothache has been raging for a week now, but finally I can eat and have a cup of tea, joy unconfined. Good luck with the crown, when our teeth are sorted we shall start a revolution, as long as no heavy lifting is involved, what with my back......

Manchester cocker, Manchester the Manchester of the North, so good they named it once :)

Wow, that sounds bad, not being able to eat or drink, but it must have took your mind off that back...;)

I think there's an 'ailments' thread buried here somewhere, might be time to get the shovel out...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 7th October 2016, 6:47 PM

Wow, that sounds bad, not being able to eat or drink, but it must have took your mind off that back...;)

I think there's an 'ailments' thread buried here somewhere, might be time to get the shovel out...

There may not be enough room on forum for a full list of my ageing infirmities ;)

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st October 2016, 8:27 AM

I don't like people who is arrogants. 'Arrogants' is when you think better than others. Maybe is, but no need to be arrogance about it! Some women think they're better than men: We call these self-empowered, emancipated ideals who set a vital example to the next generation. Some men think they're better than women: We call these sexist f**king wankers and you can f**k off out of it, you sexist f**king wanker. Is more complexiated! Stephen Hawking is 'good' at expounding quantum physics theories probing time, space and the ultimate reality; Mel C is better at back flips, and considerably more attractive in my opinion. Virginia Woolf developed prototype feminist literature and innovative narrative technique; Nick Kamen took his pants off in the laundry. Everyone has your somethings good - but not be arrogance about them! Arrogants sucks!

Good bit of writing - AND you got the Mel C reference in. :D

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 7th October 2016, 7:17 PM

There may not be enough room on forum for a full list of my ageing infirmities.

Do you mean 'in' Forum? Is that magazine making a comeback?

Quote: SSTT @ 7th October 2016, 8:45 PM

Good bit of writing - AND you got the Mel C reference in. :D

Do you mean 'in' Forum? Is that magazine making a comeback?

My full frontal days are over,, 30 days and bound over for good behaviour, people have no sense of humour, my famous impression of a depressed elephant was hugely popular at parties in the early eighties

MIngy stingy sandwich shops or cafes.

t'other morning I went into a sandwich shop at 09:30 AM for a bacon sarnie. I'd been to this shop many times before and often went out of my way, due to the excellence of their fare. They had a bain marie full to the top of cooked bacon and grabbed it with tongs to rod it into the sandwich.

There was a sign proudly announcing 'Under New Management' so I did wonder whether they would be up to the standard of the 'Old Management'
'A bacon sandwich sez I' and the lady turned to the frying pan and puts 2 slices of bacon in it.
2!!!
It's a rule that bacon sarnies must have as a minimum 3 slices and preferably more but it looked like 2 was all I was getting.
I spoke up and inquired whether a deuce of thin cuts from a pigs back was all that going between the bread.
She rounded on me as if I had asked her to show me her knickers.
'Yes, 2 slices' her eyes daring me to continue.
She won, I looked away.
As she twizzled the paper bag to seal it and put it on the counter she explained so I would know for the future that it was called 'portion control' (I needed a lesson in catering management)
Portion control eh! A euphemism for f**k you, I want to make an extra 50p per sandwich.