Things that piss you off Page 1,686

On the phone, and have searched in bloody vain for ' I read the news today etc.' all I wanted to say was that I'm puzzled why Hilary Clinton has never had the pneumonia prevention injection which is routine here for over 65s. I thought USA was supposed to be more advanced than us.

Quote: keewik @ 12th September 2016, 12:17 AM

have searched in bloody vain for ' I read the news today etc.'

Here it is: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10203/1843/

A few threads do sometimes seem to be absent from search results, of late.

Quote: keewik @ 12th September 2016, 12:17 AM

I wanted to say was that I'm puzzled why Hilary Clinton has never had the pneumonia prevention injection which is routine here for over 65s.

I sincerely doubt that she has pneumonia. I also sincerely doubt just about every word that emanates from her mouth and the mouths of those who surround her.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th September 2016, 2:10 PM

I sincerely doubt that she has pneumonia. I also sincerely doubt just about every word that emanates from her mouth and the mouths of those who surround her.

So what do you reckon? Some terminal illness that ought preclude a presidential run? Or just going too hard on the quaaludes or riding the "tram"* or some such?

It could be the burden of GILT - going into politics "..to serve the people.." and ending up a millionaire by via good old self-service..

Hillary has a cough. And in other news, Trump's trial for raping a 13 year old girl starts soon.
I just can't think who I would vote for.

Quote: zooo @ 12th September 2016, 2:50 PM

Hillary has a cough. And in other news, Trump's trial for raping a 13 year old girl starts soon.
I just can't think who I would vote for.

It's a rum do all right. Trump obviously dreadful. Hillary not much more appealing. History suggests it would be wiser for the Yanks to get out and vote for the lesser of two evils, "Hill the Pill", but is the mainstream mass media still the "mass" in the social media era?

Quote: Kenneth @ 12th September 2016, 2:43 PM

So what do you reckon? Some terminal illness that ought preclude a presidential run?

Who knows? We can't expect her campaign to tell us the truth, since only a day or two ago they said she was perfectly healthy. Then she collapses and has to be thrown into a van by federal agents, but instead of seeking medical treatment, she's rushed off to her daughter's apartment and emerges a few hours later with a story about being overheated. When it turns out that it wasn't all that hot that morning, a new story about pneumonia is concocted. Add in her brain injury, persistent coughing fits and her prism glasses (used to treat people with double vision) and there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Who knows what the actual truth is? But voters should know whether or not a presidential candidate is healthy and fit for the job.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 12th September 2016, 2:50 PM

It could be the burden of GILT - going into politics "..to serve the people.." and ending up a millionaire by via good old self-service..

Hundreds of millions of dollars, most of it paid by the same Wall Street institutions and foreign lobbies that she rails against. Yet she is a person of the common people...

And that they don't have a dodgy certificate of health from a dodgy doctor, like Trump apparently does. (From what I last read anyway.)

Quote: zooo @ 12th September 2016, 2:50 PM

To be fair, Hillary collapsed and has a history of brain injury. As for the rape claims, what convenient timing...

Quote: zooo @ 12th September 2016, 3:41 PM

And that they don't have a dodgy certificate of health from a dodgy doctor, like Trump apparently does. (From what I last read anyway.)

I can't stand the guy, but he stood through the same 9/11 ceremony as Hillary yesterday and managed not to collapse in the street.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th September 2016, 3:40 PM

But voters should know whether or not a presidential candidate is healthy and fit for the job.

Although Kennedy, of course, hid all sorts of health problems from the voters.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th September 2016, 3:45 PM

Although Kennedy, of course, hid all sorts of health problems from the voters.

Franklin Roosevelt hid his wheelchair from the public.

At least the press are now covering the health story instead of kowtowing to the campaign and ignoring it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-s-health-scare-9-unanswered-questions-n646551

I still can't compare a president being ill and a president being a rapist and/or actual sociopath without laughing at the absurdity.

Quote: zooo @ 12th September 2016, 3:59 PM

I still can't compare a president being ill and a president being a rapist and/or actual sociopath without laughing at the absurdity.

Except one is a proven fact and the other is a mere allegation with extremely questionable timing.

We shall see.