Things that piss you off Page 1,642

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st January 2016, 11:02 PM GMT

Doesn't happen with mine. Cool Quality?

Quality?

None.

The local Rottweiler. Said hello to its owner last night and the thing on the end of the lead leapt forward into the air snarling, having to be pulled back. Owner says when you said hello to me he thought you were saying hello to him too. He is just being friendly. Yeah right. And I'm a young Ann Widdecombe on holiday in Mali.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd January 2016, 9:21 AM GMT

Quality?

None.

Then you have no reason to complain. ;)

This may not meet with universal applause but I hate the phrase 'passed away'. They've died, for goodness sake. Why can't we just say that? 'Passed away' is so bloody namby pamby.

Quote: keewik @ 22nd January 2016, 10:52 PM GMT

This may not meet with universal applause but I hate the phrase 'passed away'. They've died, for goodness sake. Why can't we just say that? 'Passed away' is so bloody namby pamby.

I couldn't disagree more.

Sex should be "how's your father" (or "Percy Filth" if you really have to), pregnancy should be "expecting" and birth should be "discovered under a gooseberry bush". Most people were much happier with that approach.

And which euphemism do you prefer for 'going to urinate '

There's a lot to chose from.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd January 2016, 8:38 AM GMT

And which euphemism do you prefer for 'going to urinate '

There's a lot to chose from.

Just popping off for a tinkle.

Point Percy at the porcelain.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 23rd January 2016, 1:00 AM GMT

I couldn't disagree more.

Sex should be "how's your father" (or "Percy Filth" if you really have to), pregnancy should be "expecting" and birth should be "discovered under a gooseberry bush". Most people were much happier with that approach.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I heard a big burly bloke once say 'I'm just going for a periwinkle '
It didn't fit his persona.

??

It's much worse if your name is Perry.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd January 2016, 1:22 PM GMT

I heard a big burly bloke once say 'I'm just going for a periwinkle '
It didn't fit his persona.

That only works if you look like Bob Hoskins and sound like phlegm joins your voicebox to your bollocks.

Much the same is true of riddle-de-re.

My Dad used to say "Just going to see a man about a dog" - never understood that. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd January 2016, 4:30 PM GMT

My Dad used to say "Just going to see a man about a dog" - never understood that. :S

I genuinely thought that was slang for going off and getting a quickie divorce.

But you are right - I've checked it on Urban Dictionary.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd January 2016, 4:30 PM GMT

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Going+to+see+a+man+about+a+dog