Things that piss you off Page 1,633

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2015, 7:14 AM GMT

Same with "homage", who the f**k decided it should be pronounced oomarge or O-marge. Stop it you silly people! Angry

Or people who pronounce 'schedule' as 'schedule' instead of 'schedule'. It's 'schedule'! It's an American influence, or as they would say, 'American'.

Laughing out loud

I do say schedule the American way. And Lieutenant. The English ways of saying those two words just happen to set my teeth on edge for some reason.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 3rd November 2015, 3:56 PM GMT

Or people who pronounce 'schedule' as 'schedule' instead of 'schedule'. It's 'schedule'! It's an American influence, or as they would say, 'American'.

I did at first think it was an American import, but have now checked both a US and UK pronunciation dictionary, it is neither of them as they both say it is "homage", so where this crap oomarge or O-marge comes from I have no idea - probably the Irish who I am given to understand started that other piece of shit by saying that H is pronounced "Haitch" Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Angry

I guess you mean sh edule as opposed to the American skedule as your post showed the same spelling. Spell check?

Also I mentioned before Irishman Graham Norton always drops his Hs as in yumour and yuge.

I wonder if he says yomage.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd November 2015, 6:30 PM GMT

That's what the cool dudes call Homer's wife. Cool

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd November 2015, 6:25 PM GMT

I guess you mean sh edule as opposed to the American skedule as your post showed the same spelling. Spell check?

Also I mentioned before Irishman Graham Norton always drops his Hs as in yumour and yuge.

Like in Kath and Kim?

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 3rd November 2015, 3:56 PM GMT

It's the invite/invitation conundrum!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2015, 7:03 PM GMT

Good work Sir!

Quote: zooo @ 3rd November 2015, 6:30 PM GMT

Isn't that a programme advertised on daytime TV by Dame Martine McCutcheon?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2015, 7:03 PM GMT

:D

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd November 2015, 6:25 PM GMT

I did it on purpose as an oomarge of Herc's earlier post. I guess that didn't come across, or 'across' as the Americans would say or 'say' as they would say.

Nookler, homage as in fromage or farage and the swiss schwedule.

It's all in that Morrissey song about losing your virginity at Clacton because UKIP won it and then getting a trifle annoyed before giving the townsfolk ten minutes to leave by charabanc to avoid an exocet missile.

It's almost as annoying as those people who take a barth when of course they mean bath. They don't take a shah hopefully they take a shower. That these types are a shower is a different matter.. :P

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 4th November 2015, 12:32 PM GMT

They don't take a shah

Isn't that a very cold shower ?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 4th November 2015, 2:36 AM GMT

and then getting a trifle annoyed

I've never made a trifle annoyed but I did leave a pudding steaming once...

People keep buzzing the buzzer for our flat. They don't even want me.

Quote: L.E. @ 7th November 2015, 3:43 PM GMT

People keep buzzing the buzzer for our flat. They don't even want me.

Then stop putting cards in phoneboxes.