The Young Ones Page 14

Quote: tenbeersbold @ 22nd March 2022, 11:39 AM

Here's another fact for you from the article;
"However, it has since been reported that BBC chose to cut that particular scene out when it has aired re-runs in the past."
Oh and just to clear up another of your misunderstandings
From wikipedia;
BritBox is a U.S. subscription video on-demand service owned by BBC Worldwide and ITV plc
Oh and I have actually watched the recent Karen Dunbar docu where she actually sits in as the BBC censors decide what to cut from Chewin' the Fat.
Now that couldn't be clearer now could it.
The BBC censors/edits its archive and Britbox is owned by the BBC.
Glad I could straighten that out for you!

I have a feeling ITV have bought out BBCs share of BritBox.

Here's another fact for you from the article;
"However, it has since been reported that BBC chose to cut that particular scene out when it has aired re-runs in the past."
Oh and just to clear up another of your misunderstandings
From wikipedia;
BritBox is a U.S. subscription video on-demand service owned by BBC Worldwide and ITV plc
Oh and I have actually watched the recent Karen Dunbar docu where she actually sits in as the BBC censors decide what to cut from Chewin' the Fat.
Now that couldn't be clearer now could it.
Glad I could straighten that out for you!

We are in a tizzy, aren't we?
Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that in the tabloids the word 'reported' is the same as 'allegedly' - ie unsubstantiated.
Also I know what Britbox is.
I also know that a BBC spokesman and a Britbox spokesmen are not and would never be the same - it's that old ounce of sense thing again.
And (sadly for you) I too watched the documentary.
The sequence where they went through all of two "Chewin' the Fat" sketches was not part of the BBC censors process.
It was set up especially for the programme. Hence the 'CANCELLED' title and comedy klaxon.
Or did you think that's how they actually do it?
The woman was simply demonstrating the type of thing that might get flagged up - NOT cut. Karen herself made this point moments after this section.
She then said " On the very rare occasion that happens.." and went off to talk to Shane Allen, then Head of Comedy at the BBC who proceeds to say how everyone thinks that trigger warnings are enough, and editing is the absolute last resort.
I think you're getting riled up over nothing - which of course is the intention of those behind articles like this.

From wikipedia;

Wikipedia is not to be relied upon.

BritBox internationally is owned 50-50 by BBC Studios and ITV Studios.

BritBox in the UK was owned 90% by ITV Studios and 10% by BBC Studios until earlier this month. It is now owned 100% by ITV Studios.

Trigger warnings are OK as long as they keep their hands off the actual show. The whole point of DVDs is you get warts 'n' all takes, plus there's this wondrous new device called 'Fast forward'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What will they think of next? Personally I think the ''''''''''''''''''''racist'''''''''''''''''''' policeman skit is excellent, and the language is not only justified but essential - the bit I hate is the Hell skit where the guy gets a bloody nose, but no one else seems to mind it (apart from a fellow forummer years ago).

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th March 2022, 10:42 AM

Trigger warnings are OK as long as they keep their hands off the actual show. The whole point of DVDs is you get warts 'n' all takes, plus there's this wondrous new device called 'Fast forward'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What will they think of next?

Oh! Have we got a DVD player?

The wonders of technology.
The Young Ones = Beatles
Happy Families = All Things Must Pass
Filthy Rich and Catflap = Wild Life
Bottom = Ringo The Fourth

Quote: a plate @ 31st March 2022, 1:18 AM

Oh! Have we got a DVD player?

YES WE'VE GOT A DVD PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get me out of my shower just to say that?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd April 2022, 8:05 AM

Did you get me out of my shower just to say that?

Don't be so wet!

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2022, 12:03 PM

We are in a tizzy, aren't we?
Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that in the tabloids the word 'reported' is the same as 'allegedly' - ie unsubstantiated.
Also I know what Britbox is.
I also know that a BBC spokesman and a Britbox spokesmen are not and would never be the same - it's that old ounce of sense thing again.
And (sadly for you) I too watched the documentary.
The sequence where they went through all of two "Chewin' the Fat" sketches was not part of the BBC censors process.
It was set up especially for the programme. Hence the 'CANCELLED' title and comedy klaxon.
Or did you think that's how they actually do it?
The woman was simply demonstrating the type of thing that might get flagged up - NOT cut. Karen herself made this point moments after this section.
She then said " On the very rare occasion that happens.." and went off to talk to Shane Allen, then Head of Comedy at the BBC who proceeds to say how everyone thinks that trigger warnings are enough, and editing is the absolute last resort.

I can't help you but you like to argue but yeah sure,the whole TMO thing doesn't exist or it only exists to "suggest" problematic clips.And sure they don't cut these things.It all exists just for nothing.They are cutting/censoring shows,they just don't want to specifically name which ones
I think you're getting riled up over nothing - which of course is the intention of those behind articles like this.

We'll see. https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/bbc-iplayer-centenary-classics-newsupdate/

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 7th April 2022, 3:50 PM

We'll see. https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/bbc-iplayer-centenary-classics-newsupdate/

Oh god, we're not going to have to have this exact same tedious discussion all over again. :(

And yet again, Bob's bastard son bothers caring and sharing, only to have it thrown back in his stoopid fat face pronto.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 7th April 2022, 4:58 PM

And yet again, Bob's bastard son bothers caring and sharing, only to have it thrown back in his stoopid fat face pronto.

That's the BCG way. It's like Sparta.

Happened to watch the brilliant tribute to Rik Mayall, and amongst many other things, they showed the hilarious bed falling through the ceiling gag. Would Alf and Saffy allow that now?