BBC Three in 2010

As you may have spotted the other day, we've posted a full guide to BBC Three's spring schedule. If you haven't see it, you can read it here. Follow the links for preview clips.

I have to say, considering it's BBC Three, it actually looks a pretty good line-up!! (excluding one particular show)

What do you think? What looks a hit? What doesn't?

Yay! More Ideal!

Can't say any of the new shows jump out at me from reading that, hopefully the Tovey one will be good, I like him as an actor. Though the little blurby bit sounds not a million miles away from an 'Ideal' type set-up.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 8 2010, 9:06 PM GMT

Can't say any of the new shows jump out at me from reading that

Puppets? Slackers? Celebrities? And an Ali G rip off?

No offence Mark, but what bit actually looks good?

F**k me, I thought that page was a wind up till I saw Jonny Vegas at the bottom.

'Young, lazy and unemployed'? Set entirely in a bedroom?

'The Gemma Factor -New sitcom set in Yorkshire starring newcomer Anna Gilthorpe as Gemma, a girl only one ambition – to be famous by the time she's 21.'

I'll never feel ashamed about anything I write, do or say ever again.

"searches for yawn smilie . ."

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 8 2010, 11:50 PM GMT

F**k me, I thought that page was a wind up till I saw Jonny Vegas at the bottom.

Could still be !

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 8 2010, 11:50 PM GMT

'Young, lazy and unemployed'? Set entirely in a bedroom?

'The Gemma Factor -New sitcom set in Yorkshire starring newcomer Anna Gilthorpe as Gemma, a girl only one ambition – to be famous by the time she's 21.'

I'll never feel ashamed about anything I write, do or say ever again.

I quite agree. The entire line-up is like a brilliant parody of typical BBC Three programmes.
Not only are the themes unoriginal, but the titles too.
Russell Howard's Good News becomes Lee Nelson's Well Good Show
Young, Psychic and Possessed becomes Young, Lazy And Unemployed
We are Klang becomes We are mongrels

Kill off this channel now!

Jeez, you people never give anything a chance do you ;) (remember your predictions about The Inbetweeners when I said that one was going to be good?). To be fair to me, I did say this line-up only looked good compared to previous BBC Three series, but I honestly think it's going to be ok...

Simon Brodkin has got some great characters, which he's really been working on via the live stand-up scene over the last two years. It may be fairly 'yoof TV', but I predict it'll be a hit.

Young, Lazy And Unemployed is written by Stefan Golaszweski - so that's good enough for me to get my hopes up about. Probably should be on BBC Four not BBC Three though.

The King Is Dead looks like it's going to be a popular hit. It's a good premise and the lead comics are really going for it.

The Gemma Factor - hard to call, but from some of the character pictures I've seen, it looks like it could be wacky and fun. Can't be sure though.

We Are Mongrels - 50/50 on this one admittedly, but seeing as this is BBC Three's attempt to create a Family Guy-type show with cut aways, a fast pace etc, and they've poured a bit of money into it too... I think it's got a good chance of being good?!?

Ideal - one of my favourite sitcoms, nuff said.

Russell Howard's Good News - not everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it and it's a big hit for the channel so no surprise it's back.

I'll be back in a couple of months to smugly post here about how right I was. If I'm wrong, this thread may quietly slip down the list ;)

Quote: Mark @ January 10 2010, 7:00 PM GMT

I'll be back in a couple of months to smugly post here about how right I was.

Well, they can't all turn out good, so you won't be completely right! There will be duffers in there! Maybe one will turn out to be Three's new Mighty Boosh/Gavin And Stacey/Lifespam/Pulling; I certainly hope so! No one wants shows to be bad. It'd be nice to have some new great comedy to watch.

Simon Brodkin has got some great characters, which he's really been working on via the live stand-up scene over the last two years. It may be fairly 'yoof TV', but I predict it'll be a hit.

I agree, Mark. I've seen him live twice, the first time was very funny his character Dr Omprakesh stood out for me but then Brodkin started to attract quite alot of attention (Charlie Brooker was in the second time I saw his act) and it looked like he'd dropped the character. But from looking on your guide the Dr is still there which is a good sign. He was on one the Channel 4 comedy showcases a few years back with the same characters and it had some trippy direction, some of it was in slow motion and black and white IIRC, which worked quite well. Can't imagine that they've stuck with the same direction style though, but I think it might go down quite well.

:)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 10 2010, 7:21 PM GMT

Maybe one will turn out to be Three's new Lifespam

I thought you were hoping they'd be good?

Jeez, you people never give anything a chance do you ;)

Because we've been burnt so many times by BBC Three before. Like abused lovers, we always give them one more chance to redeem themselves. :(

Quote: Aaron @ January 11 2010, 11:35 AM GMT

I thought you were hoping they'd be good?

Lifespam was great I thought, should have got a series. I can't imagine it was to your taste though, no.

I worked as an extra on the filming of Lee Nelson's Well Good Show and I can honestly say it's going to be good and has a lot of potential. Simon Brodkin's a naturally funny guy and hopefully the show will be a success.