Anyone's online shopping been held up in the snow Page 2

I ordered two DVD's last week- In Sickness and in Health Series 1 and It Aint Half Hot Mum Series 5. I had a look on my play account today and 'Health' was dispatched on the 4th Jan, so it will hopefully turn up in my post tomorrow. But 'Mum' which said at the time was in stock isn't and play are awaiting delivery. That's a bit of a bummer as I planned to watch 'Health' and 'Mum' simulaniously when I got them.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 10 2010, 9:28 PM GMT

That's a bit of a bummer as I planned to watch 'Health' and 'Mum' simulaniously when I got them.

Wouldn't that have been confusing?

Coincidentally, two of my purchases which arrived on Saturday were In Sickness & In Health Series 3 and Series 4. I do rather enjoy it.

The snow was melting yesterday, now it's thick of it again this morning.

I wish I could say the same here. Stupid London weather. :(

Hamlet is in the house. Just arrived.

Quote: Aaron @ January 10 2010, 10:41 PM GMT

Coincidentally, two of my purchases which arrived on Saturday were In Sickness & In Health Series 3 and Series 4. I do rather enjoy it.

My series 1 still hasn't come today. If I hear my postman humming the In Sickness and in Health theme tune tomorrow, there'll be trouble. I'll give it until Wednesday then I will contact play.com as it was posted last Monday.

Incidently, you could help me out here Aaron. I vaguely remember a good few years ago watching an episode from the fourth series when Alf goes to Australia. There was a new theme tune written for the Australia episodes, still to the same tune and still sang by Chas and Dave but to different lyrics. Please could you put the theme tune on in your fourth series DVD and post the lyrics, it would be greatly appreciated as it has been bugging me for some time.

Had a couple of things ordered through Play. Bought at the end of last year, both took about a week to arrive.

I'll try to remember to do that a little later in the week Jack. Hope your S1 DVD arrives soon!

Thanks Aaron. I have several episodes myself, very poor quality of selected episodes I got on eBay a good few years ago. I watched the newest episode I had (despite all the jumping) I got to the end of the episode and Alf said 'Australia here we come' and I thought, here it is at last, but it wasn't the Australian theme tune, that must come in later episodes.

The DVD came today and a friend sent me the lyrics to the Australien episodes:
I'm Damn shot of that lot down the DHSS
I told them all down there what they can do
I don't give a monkeys I'm off to have a rest
Down Under in the Sun It's nuts to you
But It won't be very long before I'm on that plane
Off to Aussie where they've got a bob or two
For Richer, for poorer cause I'm fed up of being skint
That's why in Sickness and in Health I say I do
Once More in Sickness and in Health I say I do.

Hey, my It Aint Half Hot Mum series 5 has been posted.

Yes, my sledge.

Have to agree with Aaron, with the smaller businesses, you USUALLY get the item/s, faster. as an established business eBayer myself, all my paid orders are despatched same day. (Except sundays.) :-) Amazon's just got slower, mind you post is free so can't grumble (too much).

Quote: The Rook @ January 9 2010, 12:28 PM GMT

Snow aside - I do feel they are taking longer to dispatch. If there was a Doctor Who release due out on a Monday it used to turn up on the Saturday, three days early. There were a couple of times when I'd order a DVD (free delivery) and it'll turn up the next day. I always go for the free delivery because by the time 'paid' postage is added I may as well go into the city for some things.

I take all this back now. My Doctor Who DVD, 'Masque of the Mandragora' has just been dispatched and it's not out until Monday!