Anyone's online shopping been held up in the snow

I ordered a couple of DVDs from play.com last Saturday, meaning they would normally be at my house for Wednesday but they haven't come yet. Has anyone else bought anything online and that has been delayed?

I think my David Tennant 'Hamlet' has fallen foul to the snow. The thing is, it was sent the day before the snow came again, so it has obviously got caught-up.

Blimey, Saturday to Wednesday? That's quick! I've found that most places at the moment are slow to despatch, never mind deliver.

Yup. Waiting for loads of stuff. Went on an online shopping spree last week and have only received the first lot of stuff today.

Chipolata's probably left to just wanking over his avatar:

Quote: Morrace @ January 8 2010, 8:39 PM GMT

Chipolata's probably left to just wanking over his avatar:

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ January 8 2010, 7:33 PM GMT

Blimey, Saturday to Wednesday? That's quick! I've found that most places at the moment are slow to despatch, never mind deliver.

Oh right. It is the first thing I've brought online for a while due to complications regarding my credit card, so maybe it is just routine and not weather related.

Quote: The Rook @ January 8 2010, 7:27 PM GMT

I think my David Tennant 'Hamlet' has fallen foul to the snow.

'Murder most foul - as in the best it is...' Hamlet, Act 1 scene 5.

My daughter lost her mobile on New Years Eve and ordered a replacement from Play a week ago which hasn't arrived yet!

PMT is nothing compared to a 19yo without a mobile !

>_<

On the other hand I bought a TV wall bracket off a firm on Ebay last Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday ! Good product and good service. PM if you want the details.

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 9 2010, 1:01 AM GMT

My daughter lost her mobile on New Years Eve and ordered a replacement from Play a week ago which hasn't arrived yet!

PMT is nothing compared to a 19yo without a mobile !

>_<

Laughing out loud I can well believe that.

On the other hand I bought a TV wall bracket off a firm on Ebay last Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday !

I've found that the smaller, home-run companies are the best. I ordered a book from one on Amazon Marketplace and it took about 3 days to arrive, including the weekend IIRC. Whilst the DVDs I bought at the same time have only just arrived this morning. (7 of them.) Or at least I think that's my total order...

On the other hand I bought a TV wall bracket off a firm on Ebay last Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday ! Good product and good service. PM if you want the details.

Thanks old rocker. You're my man for wall brackets now.

Snow aside - I do feel they are taking longer to dispatch. If there was a Doctor Who release due out on a Monday it used to turn up on the Saturday, three days early. There were a couple of times when I'd order a DVD (free delivery) and it'll turn up the next day. I always go for the free delivery because by the time 'paid' postage is added I may as well go into the city for some things.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 9 2010, 12:17 PM GMT

Thanks old rocker. You're my man for wall brackets now.

Winter, spring , summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

:D

I ordered a snowman from Amazon - it was last seen in a field in Kettering and customer support have told me there'snow point ringing up all the time! [sound of collective groan]

>_<

The Rook - I agree totally. It's not like I'm going to watch half of it any time soon, so whilst delays are bloody annoying it's not usually holding me up or anything.