Favourite character name Page 5

Geoffrey Hughes played Onslow, IIRC.

Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling 'not to be confused with Sir Arthur Greeb-Streebling' Peter Cook

Arthur Gumbie - Monty Python

Mr Fiddler - Carry On Camping

Mr Nookie - Carry On Around The Bend

Raymond Luxury Yacht

Quote: deckard @ February 25 2010, 12:00 AM GMT

Onslow from 'Keeping up Appearances'

I don't know what the actor was called, but he looked like an Onslow. I have always wanted to name our first born Onslow, but the wife is against it. Perhaps it can be a middle name: Vyvyan Onslow Deckard. It does have a ring to it.

I always thought that the point was that he 'didn't' look like an Onslow - which I took to be a posh name.

And of course there was Hyacinth Bucket...

I always thought it sounded a slobby name.

Another one from Monty Python.

Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (sound effect of horse whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (blows whistle) Northgot Edwards Harris (fires pistol, which goes 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) We'll Keep a Welcom In The (three shots, stops singing) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-draws Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat 'Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mannering (hoot, 'whoop') Smith.

In direct contrast to the above .

Tub as used in Hancock's Half Hour.

Quote: Aaron @ February 28 2010, 1:07 PM GMT

Geoffrey Hughes played Onslow, IIRC.

My dog is named Onslow and I believe he's the only other being on the planet where that name matches the face. :)

Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwurstle-gerspurten-mit-tzwei-macheluber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shoenendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

Joey Jo Jo Shabadoo gets my vote.

Quote: Magnum Valentino @ February 24 2010, 2:01 PM GMT

Leonard Hatred, Computer Jones, Synthesizer Patel, Clive Pounds, Adam Sandwich, all Poppafinowicz classics.

Peter Sisters-Christmas

All brilliant. Couldnt stop laughing at Leonard Hatred :D

Some names from Rutland Weekend Television:

Greg Rebellion
Robert Whore
Roger Dull
John Tampon
Keith Watergate
Ray Serious
Truebuttock Richardson
Arthur Gorgeous
Samuel John Opposite
Caesar Pig-Triumph

I always thought Mrs. Warboys was a funny name (One Foot in the Grave) plus the fact that Victor always called her that- so formal! Also loved Trigger and Onslow- totally fit their characters

I always wanted the former England Ladies Cricket captain Rachael Heyhoe-Flint to marry the former Irish Premier Charles Haughey, just so she could be called

Rachael Heyhoe-Haughey.

Jake The Klingon from 2point4 Children - He was a Star Trek geek.

Quote: Madge's Vadge @ March 18 2010, 11:11 PM GMT

I always wanted the former England Ladies Cricket captain Rachael Heyhoe-Flint to marry the former Irish Premier Charles Haughey, just so she could be called

Rachael Heyhoe-Haughey.

Or marry Larry Grayson and be Rachael Heyhoe Grayson