Comedy.co.uk Awards 2009 Page 2

Quote: Jane P @ January 5 2010, 1:21 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to watching him on Mastermind too (from last night).

:)

'The general knowledge questions were noticeably a lot easier.

I got more than on 'Manchester United 1990-Present' than that bloke did. And I don't even support them! :D

Dan

Quote: Jane P @ January 5 2010, 1:21 PM GMT

I've voted - not easy though I suggest you let us choose our top five next time round!

We'll consider adding in another contender, but the trouble is that it dilutes the vote pool, leaving us with a less definitive result.

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2010, 10:10 AM GMT

I've just voted. I don't like the way if you vote for one off shows, this wipes out you series votes.

This was an issue I raised before voting opened. The layout is a little misleading, evidently. We'll make sure it's made clearer next year.

I wouldn't mind a top 3, a top 5 might be a few too many.

Well I've voted. It makes me realise how little I've seen this year - and hardly heard any radio comedy. Serves me right for getting a life I suppose.

I did get a bit confused (yes - my age I know) with the last page where it was split in two. I thought at first it was 2 different categories.

I appreciate I'm neither a regular nor comedic however I have a suggestion if I might be so bold.
How about letting people pick from memory rather than from lists?
If someone had their funny-bone tickled by a programme then I reckon they would remember and give praise accordingly.
I only chose one radio prog as it's the only one I've listened to! However I looked at the list and started thinking like, "Oh, hang on, people gave positive comments about that so maybe I should vote for it".
I know, me bad.

Quote: garyd @ January 8 2010, 8:11 PM GMT

How about letting people pick from memory rather than from lists? If someone had their funny-bone tickled by a programme then I reckon they would remember and give praise accordingly.

Thanks for the feedback. Ideally this would be the way I would like to run things... but seeing as some people can't spell their name, let alone the shows they like, it wouldn't really work. It would be too much of a nightmare to try and count (there's too many 1000s of votes coming in to count manually).

Quote: garyd @ January 8 2010, 8:11 PM GMT

I only chose one radio prog as it's the only one I've listened to!

There's a news year's resolution for you Gary. Try and listen to a bit more radio - in my opinion some of it is better than TV!

The trouble with that is that most peoples' memories don't include broadcast dates. (I got confused when we were just setting it up, forgetting that something had broadcast in 2009!) And, naturally, it gives a massively unfair advantage to programmes broadcast in the month-ish before voting opens.

Quote: Mark @ January 8 2010, 8:32 PM GMT

There's a news year's resolution for you Gary. Try and listen to a bit more radio - in my opinion some of it is better than TV!

In my opinion, most of it is better than TV.

In fact, if you haven't listened to any radio comedy, I don't think you hould be considered to be a proper comedy fan.

That's not really fair on the deaf or people who need something visual now, is it?

Quote: Aaron @ January 9 2010, 10:59 AM GMT

That's not really fair on the deaf or people who need something visual now, is it?

Oh yes - I'll make an exception for them.

Even better, get signers to translate the radio for them.

Would blocking the TV screen with your hand count?

Quote: Leevil @ January 9 2010, 2:01 PM GMT

Would blocking the TV screen with your hand count?

It depends. If it you had digital and you tuned into a radio station, then yes.

How many have voted so far? And how does it compare to last year?

More than 3.